Keep Getting Kicked Out

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
All the years I have gone to chat, I've never had a problem. Now, out of the blue, it is saying I have been banned. Any way to figure out what is happening?

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
What message does it give you? Someone else was having issues for a bit, and they got a message referencing what appeared to be a spam/proxy blacklist.

Try accessing chat using a different username. If you can get onto the #absolutewrite channel, try going to the #StarChat channel and inquiring there.

If the message gives you an email address, try emailing.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Just for possible future ref if needed, the message seen when the "ban" happened was:

Amistad.MA.US.StarChat.Net 465: | [0] (username), [1] *** You are notwelcome on this server: Listed in rbl.efnet.org. See http://rbl.efnet.org/?i=207.192.75.252 . Email [email protected] for more information.

-Derek

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I went to the Starchat IRC help channel, and another person there was also getting kicked while trying to connect via Mibbit. Another chat regular tried to get into chat via Mibbit and was blocked.

In short, the problem seems to be related to Mibbit itself. Try using other IRC clients such as KiwiIRC (which you do not need to download) for the meantime, and send an email to the address in the kick message.

I'll post again if/when I get a response to my email. The person in the help channel said that they themselves couldn't fix it, so inquiring in the #Starchat channel will likely not net a fix.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Agreeing with Lily that the problem does seem to be something to do with mibbit being blacklisted. Starchat subscribes to an outside service that provides blacklists, so the issue is with that service, not starchat.

If anyone is having trouble connecting and getting the same k-lined message and is NOT using mibbit, post and let us know?