• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking CP/BR for Urban Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Update (February 26, 2018): I am actively seeking a new CP. I am also looking for willing betas. :)

Genre:
YA Urban Fantasy taking place in Toronto & New York. Currently just under 80,000 words.

My Book (happy to share more in PMs):
Mack knows when you'll die with a single touch, and the water she's battled is at her mercy. When the strangers she touches turn up dead, and the people she loves become targets, it's all on Mack to stop the murders. After all, she's at the top of the hit list.

I believe in a balance. I am looking for constructive feedback while also learning what's working in my manuscript (I will provide the same feedback).

I am looking for a CP who can work on a chapter-by-chapter basis. Ideally, I'd like to find people who can work on a deadline (I'm really trying to get the ball rolling on this, so someone who can work on a deadline would be perfect!). I really like to work in Google Docs, but that isn't a requirement. :)

Publishing:
Traditional publishing is the route I'm pursuing. I'm fairly experienced with query letters (I work at an agency), and have some experience with synopsis and proposal writing.

Experience:
Here’s a little about me. :)

I hold a B.A. in English and a graduate certificate in Creative Writing. My writing has appeared on HelloGiggles.com, QuirkBooks.com, and Bustle.com. I have had a guest contribution appear on YAHighway.com. I own a blog: BreeCrowder.com. There, I talk about all things writing, reading, and publishing. This website will give you a better idea of my knowledge and preferences.

As far as industry experience goes, I was an Editorial Intern with P.S. Literary Agency for eight months. After a promotion, I am now an Editorial Literary Assistant with P.S. Literary Agency.

I am also looking for a critique partner who is active online. Preferably, this person will be involved in the literary community on Twitter. My social links:

If you think we'd make a good match, I'd love to chat with you. Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Last edited:

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Update (January 21, 2018): I've received several inquiries about this, so thought I should post here. I am currently seeking a new CP.

Last edited:

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Bumping, as I'm still looking. :)

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Bumping, as I'm still looking. :)

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Bumping. Actively looking!

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Bumping, as I'm actively looking again! Please PM if interested. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.