AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: For the Discouraged Writer

Threaded View

figuring it all out

Red face For the Discouraged Writer

I am the new Director of Workshops for the Romance Writers Association (RWA) chapter called "Passionate Ink". We are a small chapter and I've lined up some great workshops for 2017 that I thought I'd share. You do NOT need to be a member of RWA to take classes in the various chapters. You don't have to write Romance to take a class either.

For the Discouraged Writer: Rekindling the Passion in Your Writing
    Presenter: Red L. Jameson
    An Audio/Visual program with a forum site to discuss the class topics.
    Jan 30 - Feb 24, 2017
    Length: 4 weeks
    $25.00 for Non-Members
    $22.50 for RWA Members (10% OFF)
    $18.75 for Passionate Ink Members (25% OFF)
    Register at https://www.rwa.org/e/in/eid=610

When Red heard the advice that discouraged writers should get used to no longer feeling passionate about writing and to just get a hobby, she decided to challenge that. At almost every level of her writing career, she’s had some sort of discouragement. After so many years of it, she decided to shove it where the sun didn’t shine and find the fire in her writing once again. This workshop covers almost every area a writer—from those just starting out to those who have been writing before dinosaurs were love interests—can become discouraged and ways to overcome it. From finishing a manuscript that is kicking and screaming not to be written to strategies for a shy writer to conquer social media, from bouncing back when a publisher rejects your brilliant story to dealing with editors who dump you, from overcoming fear and dealing with envy, this class covers the turbulent business of being an author.
    Last edited by SiennaBloom; 01-05-2017 at 10:46 PM.