Thank you AWers!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
  • Thanks to all of you for helping us create a community for writers by writers.
  • Thanks for being helpful, kind and compassionate.
  • Thanks for welcoming Newbies
  • Thanks for working with Mods
  • Thanks for all the crits
  • Thanks for sharing your lives and stories and photos and jokes
  • Thanks for all the book reccs

You people are awesome, and so very much appreciated. Let's make 2017 a wonderful year.

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all your hard work, Mods, in providing a productive, tidy space for us beginners to learn and grow!

:partyguy: :snoopy::LilLove::banana::Jump::Clap::PartySmil:e2cheer::e2bear::TheWave::e2dance::e2drunk::e2grouphu:e2arms:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, thank YOU, AW Admin, for keeping AW running smoothly. And thanks to MacAllister for providing us not only an extraordinary resource, but a place where writers can thrive.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for creating this environment.

A school of hard-knocks, social interaction with people from all corners of the globe, and a place to play and learn. Encouragement, discouragement, bad puns and destroyer of pre-conceived notions. Well worth the frustration and growing pains, IMHO. :D

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rest assured the feelings are entirely mutual :)

pamrobi

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for creating and maintaining this space. I am slowly getting my feet wet and so far have found everyone warm and welcoming. I've already picked up numerous tips and information that has helped me immensely, and look forward to learning and contributing more in 2017.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Absolute Write absolutely rocks! Thanks for keeping all the plates in the air and spinning for us!

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
This is the one place I gravitate to, for almost ten years now. I belong to a physical writing group, all older people who you would think would know a little bit about RYFW but no. There is always an undercurrent of ego and intolerance with that group. I realize how difficult it must be to keep us all in line--so many egos, so many different generations, cultures and viewpoints and yet we manage to interact respectfully and profitably. Even our blow ups can turn cordial.

On the other hand a much smaller group of same generation writers with the same western Kansas culture and values cannot get through six months without drama, tears and achey egos. I thank the mods and admin for wisely herding us hamsters to the light. Well, maybe not the light, but drama free hamster wheels. --s6

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Best run forum I've ever seen.
Wonderful group of writers with help and advice you can't really beat.

I appreciate you all.

I'm just going to copy this 'cause it says what I would:
And I'll add some fan-fiction: :thankyou::e2bouncey:e2bouncey:e2bouncey:e2cookie:

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thank you, AW. Love you and your people muchly. <3

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
AW would be an extraordinary community in any era, but in the 21st century, it is close to being miraculous. The values and the norms and the conduct it encourages (and enforces, as necessary) has created a model of what shared community can be among a vast group of people who are diverse in every possible way. A heartfelt thanks to everyone who does anything to keep this spinning plate spinning smoothly, but an especially loud thanks to Mac, El Jefe.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
:greenie
b.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
:banana:
space.gif
d.gif
a.gif
n.gif
c.gif
e.gif

n.gif
o.gif
w.gif
space.gif
space.gif
w.gif
i.gif
t.gif
h.gif
space.gif

space.gif
a.gif
p.gif
p.gif
r.gif
e.gif
c.gif
i.gif
a.gif
t.gif
i.gif
o.gif
n.gif

:Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :e2flowers :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap:

:banana: :hooray: :banana: :hooray: :banana: :hooray: :banana: :hooray: :banana: :hooray: :banana: :banana: :hooray: :banana: :hooray: :banana: :hooray: :banana: :hooray: :banana: :hooray: :banana:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks back at ya for being an amazing, supportive and enlightening refuge for those of us who needed a place where others truly "get us."

Oh, and thanks for the special perks and stuff you've given me over the years, because I'm your favorite writer. :Hug2:

Whut? :Shrug:

travelNreed

Registered
Reaction score
This is a great forum! Thanks to the admins/mods and those posting great stuff!

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Hey? You like Vernie better than you like me??? WTF! I'll bet it is because she is younger! Those brats from 1953 get all the attention! I'm gonna go eat worms! --s6

Last edited:

atthebeach

In my happy place
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy new year, and thanks AW for making this a safe learning and supportive environment,
with great mods who also keep eyes on and help the areas that allow disagreement within the context of ryfw.

I've seen nothing else like this, and nowhere else online.

So thanks!!!!! To all of you!!!