:e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

submissions_zps8wwvv6zn.jpg

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey updaters, Haggis will be moving the WPR to a new, spiffy location tomorrow, so don't forget to come along and brag about your accomplishments next week, and gloat over your awards for this week.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
One of the problems of being old is that sometimes we forget what we were supposed to be doing and we might even occasionally nap. But it's still Friday, so I haven't completely failed you.

We're traveling to Newbieland kids. Try to grab some and see if we can build up the number of participants.

Hang on while I try to find the controls here.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome AW Newbies. This is the Weekend Progress Report. Why don't you join us each week to brag about how much you've written, edited or the number or blog posts or works submitted that week.

Here for your reading enjoyment are the guideline for the WPR, join us and keep writing.

Welcome to all Weekend Updaters, past, present and future. Yes, it's a new thread for a new year!

To refresh for those long-time Progress Reporters and to clarify for all the new ones -- we're here to help you achieve your goals by being the place where you're accountable, being a cheering section, the shoulder to cry on, the folks who say those people who rejected you are fools, FOOLS, and they'll rue the day, the folks who cheer wildly when you get an acceptance, and so on.

The "Rules" for posting here are pretty simple.

1. You don't have to write humor to post here -- any writer writing in any or all genres can post here. But you can be funny if you want. We're all over the funny.

2. Every weekend, starting on Friday and ending on Sunday, we post the progress we've made with our various writing careers. This includes whatever you consider part of your career -- writing, editing, submitting, critiquing, promotion, brainstorming, research, etc. It's your career, it's up to you.

3. How to report? Give us your word count for the week, your submissions for the week, the number of words you edited during the week, any acceptances garnered, and anything else you did to move your career forward. It's that simple.

4. Since many writers are also artists and musicians, we count art- and music-related progress as well, as long as it's also part of your overall career.

5. The WPR Dominatrix (that's me) hands out virtual prizes and encouragements and so forth. We occasionally have a Guest Dominatrix just because.

6. There are prizes for: The most words written in a week; the most submissions for the week; the most words edited for the week; the first to report each Friday; and the last to come in late (we don't encourage competition for this one!); the exciting news of the week (like acceptances, media coverage, getting paid, etc.)

7. What counts for submissions? Anything where your piece could be rejected. Blogs count for word count, but not for submission, UNLESS your blog can (really and truly) be rejected by someone else other than yourself, aka an actual editor/boss. When posting, be sure to make the distinction for a rejectable blog, so it can count in your submissions tally for the week.

8. Remember that being accountable helps achieve goals. We encourage updates even when someone hasn't done anything or anything much. The act of reporting IS an important step, and we want to hear from you, even if it's to say you achieved squat for the week.

9. Yes, if you drift away and come back there are no penalties. This is a support thread, not your job or your mom. Therefore, it's up to you how frequently you update. Studies have shown that being accountable is a huge factor in success (seriously, and we are not making this up), but it's all down to you, and we will not be down ON you.

Still confused about how it works? Check out the 2015 & 2016 threads for examples.

Welcome to 2017, let's make this the Year of the Updaters and really achieve those career goals!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I feel like I dropped the ball this week. This is all I've got so far.

700 word blog post.

1 Rejection.

Blech.

Nanner-:banana::banana::banana:

700 words-:Clap::Clap::Clap:

1 blog post-:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

1 rejection-
smiley-happy100.gif
smiley-happy100.gif
smiley-happy100.gif

Bassel

climbing steps
Registered
Reaction score
reporting in.
Three-thousand words... hopefully just a warm up, since it's a freshly started book.
About five hours of research, I suppose.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
reporting in.
Three-thousand words... hopefully just a warm up, since it's a freshly started book.
About five hours of research, I suppose.

Welcome to WPR

3,000 words-:Clap::Clap::Clap:

5 hours of reserach-:e2crown::e2crown::e2crown:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Thus far this weekend, I've got 4,000 words done on a short story. Plus, I updated my blog.

And, I wrote a sex scene. That's actually a big development for me, and is only the second sex scene I've ever written into a short story I plan on submitting. Plus, it was a straight sex scene--both parties were alive, human, conscious, not dying, not diseased, and consenting.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Thus far this weekend, I've got 4,000 words done on a short story. Plus, I updated my blog.

And, I wrote a sex scene. That's actually a big development for me, and is only the second sex scene I've ever written into a short story I plan on submitting. Plus, it was a straight sex scene--both parties were alive, human, conscious, not dying, not diseased, and consenting.
No van?

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
The following are first draft pantsers that I write on the weekend, while WIP #1 rests.

WIP#2: Chapters 1 & 2 complete

WIP#3: Chapters 11 - 13 complete

Total word count for the weekend: 4,390

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

4,000 words-:Clap::Clap::Clap:

1 blog post-:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The following are first draft pantsers that I write on the weekend, while WIP #1 rests.

WIP#2: Chapters 1 & 2 complete

WIP#3: Chapters 11 - 13 complete

Total word count for the weekend: 4,390

4,390 words-:Clap::Clap::Clap:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awards For This Week's Awesomeness

Nanner-ShaunHorton

:banana::banana::banana:

nanner_zpsje5ovst8.jpg

Word Count-CindyT 4,390

:Jump::Jump::Jump:

word%20count_zpstcashllw.jpg

Words Edited-Saoirse 30 pages

:e2writer::e2writer::e2writer:

editing_zpso2d8arnt.jpg

Blog Posts-Tie TedTheewen and ShaunHorton 1

:e2BIC::e2BIC::e2BIC:

blog%20post_zpswzuswxdm.jpg

Research-Bassel 5 hours

:e2cookie::e2cookie::e2cookie:

research_zpsdycft4p7.jpg

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to this week's winners. Don't forget to join us starting tomorrow as the WPR continues is AW road trip. We're off to Mystery, Suspense and Thrillers. We'll expect you there with all new updates. In the mean time, brag away.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hang on current updaters, we're on the move. Please keep all arms and legs inside the thread during transit.

Welcome to our new updaters here in the MTS forum. We are the always awesome Weekend Update Thread and can usually be found in the Humor Forum. We've taken our fun thread on the road to meet and encourage AWers to join in and report their writing progress each week. Spiffy smilies and ribbons are given to winners in multiple categories each week. So read the quoted post to learn how our fun thread works and join in.

And don't worry about the WPR being a Humor regular, you don't have to write humor or be funny to post here. Primus knows most of us in Humor aren't. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to all Weekend Updaters, past, present and future. Yes, it's a new thread for a new year!

To refresh for those long-time Progress Reporters and to clarify for all the new ones -- we're here to help you achieve your goals by being the place where you're accountable, being a cheering section, the shoulder to cry on, the folks who say those people who rejected you are fools, FOOLS, and they'll rue the day, the folks who cheer wildly when you get an acceptance, and so on.

The "Rules" for posting here are pretty simple.

1. You don't have to write humor to post here -- any writer writing in any or all genres can post here. But you can be funny if you want. We're all over the funny.

2. Every weekend, starting on Friday and ending on Sunday, we post the progress we've made with our various writing careers. This includes whatever you consider part of your career -- writing, editing, submitting, critiquing, promotion, brainstorming, research, etc. It's your career, it's up to you.

3. How to report? Give us your word count for the week, your submissions for the week, the number of words you edited during the week, any acceptances garnered, and anything else you did to move your career forward. It's that simple.

4. Since many writers are also artists and musicians, we count art- and music-related progress as well, as long as it's also part of your overall career.

5. The WPR Dominatrix (that's me) hands out virtual prizes and encouragements and so forth. We occasionally have a Guest Dominatrix just because.

6. There are prizes for: The most words written in a week; the most submissions for the week; the most words edited for the week; the first to report each Friday; and the last to come in late (we don't encourage competition for this one!); the exciting news of the week (like acceptances, media coverage, getting paid, etc.)

7. What counts for submissions? Anything where your piece could be rejected. Blogs count for word count, but not for submission, UNLESS your blog can (really and truly) be rejected by someone else other than yourself, aka an actual editor/boss. When posting, be sure to make the distinction for a rejectable blog, so it can count in your submissions tally for the week.

8. Remember that being accountable helps achieve goals. We encourage updates even when someone hasn't done anything or anything much. The act of reporting IS an important step, and we want to hear from you, even if it's to say you achieved squat for the week.

9. Yes, if you drift away and come back there are no penalties. This is a support thread, not your job or your mom. Therefore, it's up to you how frequently you update. Studies have shown that being accountable is a huge factor in success (seriously, and we are not making this up), but it's all down to you, and we will not be down ON you.

Still confused about how it works? Check out the 2015 & 2016 threads for examples.

Welcome to 2017, let's make this the Year of the Updaters and really achieve those career goals!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.