Need some help....

DrDoc

Ex everything; trying something new
Registered
Reaction score
4,000 miles from the center of the Earth.
Well, this is a big website. And it seems everyone knows what's going on. Except me. A few queries. Is there a place that defines the capitalized, usually two, letters that sometimes precede words like "Sci-Fi" or "Novel"? Also, is there a place in this website where those interested in perfecting their screen writing skills might go?

For the record, Stargate SG-1 is the best. Star Trek Voyager is too, especially Season 4.
Any opinions on Star Trek Continues? I think they are in keeping with the original Star Trek series.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Well, this is a big website. And it seems everyone knows what's going on. Except me. A few queries. Is there a place that defines the capitalized, usually two, letters that sometimes precede words like "Sci-Fi" or "Novel"?

Do you mean YA or some other letters? If YA, then that means Young Adult. If not, you might have to be more specific.

Also, is there a place in this website where those interested in perfecting their screen writing skills might go?

There's a subforum. Hang on, I'll get the link.

ETA: Here and here. That second one is Share Your Work. It requires a password (vista). You can read and comment there, but not share your own work until you've racked up 50 posts across AW.

Last edited:

JulianneQJohnson

Ferret Herder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julianneqjohnson.com
Ah, took me a moment. I think I got you now. There are two letter abbreviations when dealing with children's and young adult books.

Picture Book (don't know if this is ever abbreviated)
Easy Readers
Chapter Books (I think sometimes I've seen GS = Grade School, but not sure.)
MG = middle grade
YA = young adult
NA = new adult (18- 25)

There is a forum here for screenplays. You can find it in the main forum listing in the general writing interest section.

I'm watching the original Star Trek series even as we speak.