Publishing Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Been awhile. I've written a Book called, Satan's End Game - The War for Jerusalem. It's part of a series that challenges the Church on the difference between the Gospel of Salvation and the Gospel of the Kingdom. We've lost sight of God's greater plan = Thy kingdom come and Thy will be done on EARTH.

It compiles prophecies directed to the Gentile nations, and how we've failed to submit. It explains the purpose of Jerusalem, Israel, and the Jewish people. It also pivots off the war between Satan and Michael in Revelation Chapter 12 and why Satan hates Israel so much. It explores the spiritual battles in Daniel Chapter 10 against the spiritual prince of Persia, and the spiritual prince of Greece - and the connection between these chapters.

At this point I don't care whether I publish with an agent or self-publish, because I've got a group of people who want to help market these teachings.

I need advice on the wisest way to avoid the scams. Is it best to go with Amazon? Can you use multiple Publishers? Do you retain rights to publish in Africa and India where I have connections?

Thanks so much. Any help will be great. I've also got 'The War for the United States' almost edited. Book Two. ..........I want to move quickly. Time is short as the Time of the Gentiles is coming to an abrupt end.

Pastor Nafty.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with Amazon Kindle. Pray that God helps me figure out the formatting matrix. May God bless everyone here with a forum to touch the world with the goodness of God!

If there's a good link to formatting eBooks I would be so blessed if you could send me links. Remember God is so very good. He loves us more than we can possibly love anything, because Love comes from God. It is a virtue that He POURS into our hearts. ....Think of those people and things you love dearly. ......Honestly I would fight a bear to save my two dogs. I'd do the same for my family. But I'm just saying that some of us who've never had good relationships, can still comprehend love through our pets. And what we feel for them is but a shadow of what God feels for us.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Nate, there's a whole self-publishing room here on AW. Lots of AWers have used Amazon. I'm sure you'll find lots of peeps ready to help you. Good luck and may you sell more than you hope!

Norman D Gutter

Engineer Sonneteer
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidatodd.com
Nate:

This forum was so inactive for so long I quit checking in. Hence, I just saw this today. I've self-published all of my titles via Kindle Direct Publishing, except two that I can't format for e-books. Those, and a few of my full length books, I also published in print via Create Space. For all but three or my titles, I published them also via Smashwords so they are available on other e-reader devices.

So far I've not worried about foreign rights. Sales in the USA are all I'm concerned about, though occasionally I have a sale in another country via KDP.

Best Regards,
NDG

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Norm, I've been off for so long as well. I have lots of homework on formatting. My Book is formatted for an agent/publisher - double spaced ...times roman ....etc. But I see that eBooks is different. I've never created Hyperlinks. ............When I try to use (Headings) in Word - it's changing my font and it's not centering it. .........I feel rather slow at learning new tricks. I'm sure any kid on here would be able to do this in a lick.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I'm usually not on here, but stopped by. Hi Nate!
Years ago I used Smashwords to publish a book that was too short that I felt publishers wouldn't want to be bothered with. From there I was able to get it out to most ereaders, then on to Amazon Kindle and their formatting, which was easy. They have an About the Author section and Smashwords even has a Q & A that you can work with (at least, that was a few years ago). Best of luck, Nate!

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much my friend. I'm still figuring things out. Uploading looks easy. Formatting my Microsoft Word file LOOKS EASY - but I'm still struggling with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Marissa, I'll check out that link.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, I've gotten out of the habit of checking here, too. Epublishing was easier than I feared it would be, mostly because both Amazon and Smashwords both take Word docs. (I spent two frustrating weeks NOT getting Scrivener to work. Not even the dummy book helped. Fortunately, you don't need it.) Both Amazon and Smashwords convert Word docs to epubs or whatever their preferred format is. Amazon even has this nifty feature where you can view your book ahead of time to make sure the formatting worked.

Even if you don't want to publish on Smashwords, I strongly recommend going to their site and downloading their free ebook on how to do this. Everything from how to have a linked table of contents to really basic stuff. It helped me a lot, and y'know--free.

I've got lots of details about how I did this in my blog under the publishing tab. Feel free to contact me with specific questions if you get stuck. Basically, it will take you far longer than you think is possible, but afterward, you wonder why it took so much time. No, you're not stupid--it's just a learning curve. A frustrating one.

The scary thing is that the system was designed to be used by people who weren't intellectual giants. That helped me grit my teeth and get through it. You know--other people have done this and I can, too.

I don't see a blog or other social media links in your signature, though. Supposedly, the time to get started on these things is before you publish. I'm still lacking in that area, but from what I've read, we have little chance of developing a readership without at least a couple components to our platform. My favorites are Twitter and my blog, but lots of people use, say, Facebook and Pinterest. I can tell you there are plenty of Christians on Twitter and in the blogosphere to network with, and lots of good links in the blogging and book promotion subforum you might want to check out as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.