Agent Blog

KingM

Registered
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Most of the old timers probably remember the two lengthy Q&A threads I did about agenting. I hope the mods will indulge me because of my history of contributing here, but I wanted to mention that I've started an agenting blog so I can hopefully keep up the conversation about the business. I know there are other agenting blogs out there, like Kristen Nelson and Janet Reid, but in case you're interested in a different perspective, here is my offering.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
We have a room for our members to promote their blogs in, King. I'll move this there. You're welcome to add a link to your signature, of course.

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
I used to be an agent, till I gave it up to focus on my own writing (which is sort of like leaving the corporate mining office to go work in a mine), so I enjoy keeping up with the business via blogs like yours. They're useful to demystify the whole submission process and let writers know they're dealing with actual, ordinary human beings, not little godlings looking down from Valhalla. I'll keep an eye on yours. One suggestion: if you're not already on Twitter, join it. No better way to drive traffic to a blog.

KingM

Registered
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
I used to be an agent, till I gave it up to focus on my own writing (which is sort of like leaving the corporate mining office to go work in a mine), so I enjoy keeping up with the business via blogs like yours. They're useful to demystify the whole submission process and let writers know they're dealing with actual, ordinary human beings, not little godlings looking down from Valhalla. I'll keep an eye on yours. One suggestion: if you're not already on Twitter, join it. No better way to drive traffic to a blog.

Thanks for the advice, I should probably do that. How long were in the agenting business?

Last edited:

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
About 14 years. I started my own agency when I lived in Tel Aviv--I represented mostly American and European publishers and agents for Hebrew translation rights, and also repped Israeli writers at home and abroad.