The 2016-2017 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i.e. Do not treat the newbie gently - THROW ME IN AT THE DEEP END!

Pretty please.

Its_Already_Been_Brought-en_zpsnqmz5hk0.gif

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
It's Michael Sheen. I personally think it was deliberate :tongue

I've read the books. I've seen the movies. At the time I enjoyed them all. Now...I laugh at the hilarity. But I still remember watching the movies and thinking Jasper was much more fun to look at than emo-Edward and emo-Jacob. ::cough::

Oh god, I'm ashamed to admit that preteen me LOVED Twilight. I read the books multiple times. But then I took a break from them, and when I went back I kept going "wow, that's messed up" like every five minutes. So by the time the movies came out, I was already creeped out by the series haha

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
I'm totally out to sea here. I don't think I've seen ANY of the stuff you guys are referring to. :e2paperba (but seriously, there is not enough money in the world to make me read or watch any of that Twilight crap)

ManWithTheMetalArm

Has One Badass Arm
Registered
Reaction score
OOO! Metal Arm is intrigued. Count me in for both gifting and receiving!

Receive: An orc who's a professor at a university, going through the motions of professor life with a few hijinks thrown in the mix. No sex please, there are some places even my perverted mind isn't prepared to venture into just yet.

Gift: I can do almost any scifi and fantasy, just no hard scifi, as I really don't need the added discomfort of a quantum mechanics textbook on my lap while I write this thing. No sex either, see above. Also no heavy gore; if it's enough to make Khorne himself sick to his stomach, it's not for me.

This'll be fun >:) If things go my way, I'll have this finished and revised before LTUE, but if not, I'll at least have it finished.

Also, I do I put my email in the thread for all to see, or is there something else. Yes, I read the rules, but I haven't seen anyone else's email. Help a newbie out, please?

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Metal Arm, go to a post Cobra Misfit made. In the bottom left corner you'll see a blue star. That's where you rep people. Click on that. You'll get a dialogue box up. Put your email addy in there for CM. :D

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Also, I do I put my email in the thread for all to see, or is there something else. Yes, I read the rules, but I haven't seen anyone else's email. Help a newbie out, please?

Metal Arm, never post your email addy in public anywhere online unless you want hordes of nasty little spam bots filling up your inbox. Also, here on AW, your friendly neighborhood room mod will remove it to save you—if they see it in time. Best to not post it.

Last edited:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Only 9 days remaining for sign-ups, so if anyone you know is on the fence about participating, feel free to give them a loving shove.

griffins

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for doing this, CM!

Give: Writing veers toward the comic. Cannot do steampunk, as I don't read the genre. Cannot plot a mystery to save my life. Traditional romance usually results in crash and burn! Me writing smexytimes = ay, kill these pages with fire!

Receive: Six strangers walk into a cantina. One of them possesses something of great value to another (of the six), but neither of them knows this*.
*If this is too constraining, feel free to bend the prompt as much as the plot bunnies demand.

Willing to beta come January. Just send me a PM.

Last edited:

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
You would.

::slinks off::

:greenie

*stares long and hard at tiana*
*taps high heel*

Don't make me sic angry little pixies on you.

Hmmm... this bemuses me...

I would have expected the brandishing of cutlasses and the wafting of offensive body odor...

Okay, maybe I'm projecting a bit with the body odor, but still... pirates...

Well, now, you see, pirates are only ONE of the things I'm working on right now. *stares sidelong at novelette that needs to grow into a durn novella*

Werewolves are also a thing. Oh, and dragons. And evil Grandmas. And murderous Brownies.

And for your information, my pirates don't stink. Er. Not all of them stink. Actually, some of them wear rather dandyish perfumes. For reasons. That don't involve stinking.

And for your information, part two, pitchforks work really well on zombies in a pinch. Not that that has anything whatsoever to do with Sisyphus. Not yet, anyway.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are exactly 7 days remaining before sign-ups close.

We currently have 46 participants, but more are always welcome (there were 50 last year). If you know someone who wants to join the Greatest Thing to Happen to Humanity Since Tacos, feel free to give them a patented paddismac head-butt to the fleshy bits.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
There are exactly 7 days remaining before sign-ups close.

We currently have 46 participants, but more are always welcome (there were 50 last year). If you know someone who wants to join the Greatest Thing to Happen to Humanity Since Tacos, feel free to give them a patented paddismac head-butt to the fleshy bits.

Oh, I really wish I could, but I'm just not going to be well enough to finish in time and I have no wish to disappoint, especially myself. So, next year. You folks play nice now - or not...

SianaBlackwood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sb.siasan.com
Hmm... maybe we should have a special prize for everyone who can incorporate sparkly emo vampires (goat or otherwise) into their Sisyphus story.