• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Needed for YA Mystery/Suspense Dream Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a beta for my YA mystery/suspense novel at 63K words. I'm hoping to exchange with someone that has similar length (and preferably YA)

Here's my query on it.

Molly’s been having strange dreams about a girl being trapped.

Jay grows more and more obsessed with Molly and is being chased by a fox in his dreams.

Miguel struggles with his weight and dreams of food hunting him down.

Latoya dreams of an old lady, haunting her.

Kim of killing her father.

And Eddie dreams of his estranged mother dying.

Together the six teens meet each week to talk about their odd dreams. Dr. Wong, their psychiatrist, conducts a study. Then strange things start happening. Molly sees an interesting story on the news about a missing girl—one strikingly familiar to her dreams. Jay’s behavior worsens. Miguel discovers he’s been sleepwalking. Latoya sees a figure of the old lady in the mall where she works. Kim can’t hold down her anxieties of seeing her father again. Eddie keeps secrets at home and longs to see his mother.

When one teen suddenly dies in a car crash and another drowns, the group starts thinking their dreams are related. After a third person in the group tragically dies, Molly no longer thinks it’s a coincidence. She must figure out what her dreams mean before she’s the next target.

j_catalyst

Registered
Reaction score
I got some free time on my hands and would love to find a good read. Preferably YA or NA romance, suspense, or humor.

Email me if you would like another pair of eyes for your story.

jessicaldas(at)hotmail(dot)com

Last edited:

RaggyCat

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Undercover! I'm a YA author and I like the sound of your book.

I have a YA contemp (with a bit of suspense thriller, though I wouldn't call it a thriller, as such). However, it's 83k. Would that be too much? Description below...

Care leaver Megan badly needs money to help her recently injured sister. She hopes to win a high-profile TV singing show but after she unexpectedly loses, her sister’s partner Nate comes up with another plan - for Megan to fake her own disappearance, and profit from the media interest. Scared her family may be broken up, she agrees to do it, triggering a huge police search.

When Megan reappears, the cash rolls in. She even gets a shot at a singing career, and a boy band boyfriend. But everyone has theories and questions. Was Megan abducted? Abused? Secretly in an illicit relationship? Why does her disappearance echo a previous missing girl case? Even worse, Nate has further plans to use her newfound fame. Plans that turn social media nasty, and threaten the friendships she’s fighting hard to keep. Megan needs to live a lie for the sake of what family she has left, or come clean and lose everything she’s gained.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Since this thread is a year and a half old, I'm locking it to avoid future confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.