First draft of second novel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished the first draft of my second novel and feeling GREAT! (that could be the beer of course - hic!)

Queried the first one with no success earlier this year then decided to finish the second one before pushing the first any further so now I have a novel in hand (comic fantasy, same world, some continuity of characters but not a sequel)

I am SO happy!!!!

I shall do nothing for a week or two but catch up with friends and family and Lady Bacchus of course who is VERY supportive - "does this mean we can eat again?" she says, and "can we have a conversation now?"

Unlike a lot of writers I quite enjoy editing so looking forward to that in a month or so (when it will be someone else's work so I can look at it objectively) and hugely looking forward to thinking in the abstract about what number three is going to be about - Yayy!!!! (c:

#HappyBacchus

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on finishing your first draft.:hooray:

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on finishing your first draft.:hooray:

Why thank you muse!

I was pleased although I had to restrain myself from opening it up today; I don't know how others work (as many different ways as there are writers I presume) but I want to leave this for at least a few weeks now and then come back to it afresh.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Best to leave it as long as you can, come back to it fresh. (Although, I've never managed more than a week myself. :greenie)

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
Best to leave it as long as you can, come back to it fresh. (Although, I've never managed more than a week myself. :greenie)

It is tempting just to have a peek... Got plenty to keep me busy with two funerals and my brother's birthday in the next week!

Also looking forward to the planning stage for number three - they also work who sit there with their eyes closed, their feet on the desk, and a glass of scotch in hand (c:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It is tempting just to have a peek... Got plenty to keep me busy with two funerals and my brother's birthday in the next week!

Sorry about the funerals.

Also looking forward to the planning stage for number three - they also work who sit there with their eyes closed, their feet on the desk, and a glass of scotch in hand (c:

Yup, planning/thinking time is considered work - with, or without the scotch. :evil

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the funerals.

Yup, planning/thinking time is considered work - with, or without the scotch. :evil

Cheers, thank you muse - third and fourth funeral of the year )c: ...and no weddings :rant:

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I agree about waiting a week. Then dive into those edits. Lucie

Thanks wonderactivist - I just posted in the "how does writing make you feel" thread, by walking away I can hardly wait to get back to it! It ceases to become any sort of chore and all of a sudden it's the key to the sweetie cupboard again (c:

Status
Not open for further replies.