Help needed buying an easel

kelzey2

Still waiting . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I need some advice on a Christmas gift for my sister. She has just gotten back into drawing/painting and I'd like to buy her a desktop easel for Christmas. I like the look of this one:

1203_pic2.jpg

The angle and size can be adjusted and there's a drawer on the right hand side, but I feel like she would be more comfortable with a completely solid back like this one:

US-Art-Supply-Solid-Solana-Adjustable-Wood-Desktop-Easel-2.jpg

I don't want to ask her because I know she'll say she doesn't want one, but I know if I get her one, she will use it. I can't seem to find one that fits what I'm looking for. Does anyone know where I could get one which is adjustable, has a drawer on the right hand side and has a solid back, or does anyone have any advice on what would be a good one to get her?

Thanks,
kelzey2

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Try Michaels, Hobby Lobby or other similar brick and mortar stores locally.

If you are ok with shopping online, try Amazon

The OP's in Western Australia.

Hi everyone

I need some advice on a Christmas gift for my sister. She has just gotten back into drawing/painting and I'd like to buy her a desktop easel for Christmas. I like the look of this one:

1203_pic2.jpg

The angle and size can be adjusted and there's a drawer on the right hand side, but I feel like she would be more comfortable with a completely solid back like this one:

US-Art-Supply-Solid-Solana-Adjustable-Wood-Desktop-Easel-2.jpg

I don't want to ask her because I know she'll say she doesn't want one, but I know if I get her one, she will use it. I can't seem to find one that fits what I'm looking for. Does anyone know where I could get one which is adjustable, has a drawer on the right hand side and has a solid back, or does anyone have any advice on what would be a good one to get her?

Thanks,
kelzey2

Kelzey, this is a really, really difficult question to answer for someone else! I use a drafting table for drawing -- something nice and solid and large -- but prefer a free-standing easel for painting. If she draws more than she paints, I'd go for the lower one. If she already has a drawing board and/or prefers to paint, then I'd go for the top one. But that's me and I had to be restrained from flinging my credit card at the people in Eckersley's and yelling,' I'll have five of everything', so my judgment might be awry.