Pokemon Sun and Moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sockycat

Registered
Reaction score
I saw a Pokemon Go thread, which filled my heart with joy, because that means there are Pokemon lovers on here. But I didn't want to hijack their Go chat with Sun/Moon talk.

Are any of you guys getting Sun or Moon when it comes out? Which one? Or both? Which starter are you going to have?

I've played these games since I was ten and I am SO EXCITED for this one. I can't really explain it. But I am beyond hyped. I don't think I've been this psyched about a new Pokemon game since Diamond/Pearl. I am READY. [slams fist]

Seriously. I took the day off to work play it. It's basically a religious holiday for my little sister and I at this point, so every year we take a day off of whatever we're doing (unless we have class, because you can't miss that, or you may die) and we play Pokemon all day. I. Am. So. Excited.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
My husband and I have both of them preordered. I've been playing the new versions almost steadily since Red/Blue (Missed Ruby/Sapphire, got Emerald), but my husband hasn't really touched one since Peal. We're both super-hyped for Sun & Moon. I'm planning on taking the fire starter (like always) but hoping it won't be long into the game before I can get the other two via Wondertrade. The only problem will be trying to balance playing with doing NaNoWriMo and all the other plans we have. Like, we probably have guests that weekend. And Thanksgiving... But those can only stop me so much.

sockycat

Registered
Reaction score
Yessss I'm so excited! Maybe when we all get further in we can do some kind of friend code exchange for trading. I'll be getting moon, and my sister will be getting sun.

What are you thoughts on Litten's final evolution? I know a lot of people were mad.

I for one am so relieved that Popplio's final evolution is beautiful and has nice typing. I've always had a water starter. But I hated popplio so much when I first saw him lmao

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've actually been avoiding spoilers after they announced the second evolutions. It felt like they were releasing SO MANY designs that I started to worry that we'd get to the game and there wouldn't be anything new to see. And after the demo accidentally revealed the whole pokedex, I just stopped. I want to be surprised.

I'm up for friend code exchanges. :)

sockycat

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, my bad then! I won't spoil anything for you. I aspire to be the kind of person that avoids spoilers. But I love them. I can't even get through a TV show without googling what happens. My boyfriend refuses to watch The Flash with me on Netflix because every time a new character is introduced I look them up and see what their role is. I hate myself.

But yeees! My DS is so dead right now, but when the game comes up we can all swap friend codes. I am mad hyped for this game.

Question, though: Is it too late/should I preorder it? I was planning on just showing up to my local gamestop like a CreepMeister 5,000 at 10am sharp, because surely they'd have more copies? Usually I just download the games. But I really want a physical copy this time around.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
You can preorder it basically up until the day before it comes out, but your Gamestop should get plenty of extra copies for a game this huge. And make sure they're not planning a midnight release event.

sockycat

Registered
Reaction score
Do you get anything for preordering either one or both copies? Because there's a gift I may just do it.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I know there's a package deal that comes with both games in a neat metal box, but I think that's the only perk, and at least on Amazon it was cheaper to preorder both individual games.

sockycat

Registered
Reaction score
My only fear with amazon is that for whatever reason, whenever I preorder something like a game or a book, I don't get it until like 8pm that night. And I want to spend the day playing the game. ;o;

sockycat

Registered
Reaction score
I will so do that. Thank you Maggie! Best of luck on your Pokemon journey :^)

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
i am also looking forward to it. no rule that says you can't play all three games. (Go/Sun/Moon)
I'll be getting Sun first, then for Xmas I'll get Moon.... that's how I did it with X and Y, and Alpha and Omega....

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I have Pokemon Moon. Loving it so far. I've played since Red/Blue and I use it at the end of the day to help me relax and get to sleep. Just enough boring grinding to put me to sleep, but still active enough that my mind doesn't wander off to things that end up keeping me awake.

Of course, the first playthrough always ends up keeping me up until 2 - 3 am anyway. Or until the 3DS dies.

I'm up for trading if anyone else is! All the past games and I never knew anyone else who played, so I've never had any of the trade-evolution pokemon. :-/

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
Yeah, so the day this game came out, my BF and I had a slumber party with 2 of our friends and we all stayed up until like 3 in the morning soft-resetting for a shiny starter lol.

The next day we all actually played and ate pizza! :D

It was so fun.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I kinda sorta steamrolled through and beat the story today. And then rebeat the story because I accidentally 1 hit KOed a 1-time catch chance.

Now to start filling out the rest of the pokedex.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
apparently.... and no surprise.....some player in Japan beat the game with just a Karp....LOL

as for me.... i'm just about ready to battle the Kahuna on the second island... i'm in no hurry to rush thru the game, i take my time and enjoy it.

sockycat

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the fourth island now. I honestly love this game. I don't think I've been this invested in a game since the Sinnoh era. And Team Skull are my fave villain team, ever. They crack me up.

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
Since my BF has Sun, he has access to Vulpix - so I really want him to hurry up and catch one for me. He's being silly, trying to catch at least one shiny between trials... Which means I'll probably end up beating the game without my Vulpix. :(

I think my team is finalized. I might replace the fire starter that I kept around for something else, since I feel meh about him. Even if he IS named after my cat.

Also, I really want to know how people have been dying their hair purple or white AND how some of the female avatars in I see in the Festival Plaza have cool hairstyles like twintails. :(

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Mel, I've got Moon but I picked up a spare Vulpix in Wonder Trade yesterday. If we can link up somehow, I can send it to you later. I'm not sure how complicated it is to find someone if you're Nintendo ID friends but not together in person. Or if you can use your DS online, you can request a Vulpix over the GTS. Put up a Sandshrew and you should have a pretty fast trade.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've never given my pokemon names. Because then I'd have to name every single one I caught. :p I couldn't just name my main team and leave the others.

I name a few at the start, but after a little while, I just slip into letting them go unnamed. Normally not a big deal either way for me.

That said, I will never regret naming my Litten "Hulkamania", or my Mudbray "Badonkadonk". Never.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
there are a few that i can't resist giving a nickname to. like for example....the new donkey pokemon....i named Eddie Murphy. (even though it's a girl donkey....LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.