Kindle Unlimited - as a reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
(as usual, not sure if this is the best sub-forum for this post...)

I'm trying to get my book-buying budget under control, and Kindle Unlimited is finally available in Canada, so I'm trying to use it. But I'm finding it really, really difficult to find well-written books that I want to read. And I can't really figure out the search function... is there a way to, say, search for books by a specific author that are available through KU? Some other way to navigate through the slushy waters?

How are other people using KU, as readers rather than writers?

Dana_B

...living on hammock time...
Registered
Reaction score
This is the big challenge of KU for me as a reader, too. So far I've mostly found the books I want to read through seeing posts on Facebook--authors, other readers. Not very helpful info for you, I know.

As for searching by author, yep you can do it.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=ku_br_rw_lp_mn?node=9069934011

That link above should show you a KU search box and there you go.

If you're a romance reader, I can share a list of books I've read through KU or have on my TBR list...

Last edited:

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Do you get that "Kindle Unlimited" item next to the search box from a drop down menu, or how?

(I have to buy from Amazon.ca, so I can't just use your link forever!)

And, yeah, romance recs would be great - I don't JUST read romance, but it'd be a start at least!

Dana_B

Registered
Reaction score
Do you get that "Kindle Unlimited" item next to the search box from a drop down menu, or how?

(I have to buy from Amazon.ca, so I can't just use your link forever!)

And, yeah, romance recs would be great - I don't JUST read romance, but it'd be a start at least!

On the main Amazon page, I went to Kindle store from the drop down menu at the left of the search bar, then typed in Kindle Unlimited. Tis easy from there.

Here are a few authors I've read through KU-romance and mainstream/women's fiction:

Tawna Fenske- funny, warm romances
Catherine Bybee-I've read one of her Not Quite series so far, got the second one waiting.
Sharla Lovelace-I love her Storm Chaser series.
Barbara Claypole White-women's fiction, I'm reading my first of hers now.
Jamie Beck-I've not read her yet, but they look good.

I'd love to hear what good books you find through KU, too. It's a huge book ocean that's hard to navigate, that's for sure. I have my own books there, but I confess to not searching titles/authors out much unless I've seen a mention or I happen upon a book that is coincidentally available there.

Happy Monday ;)

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
On the main Amazon page, I went to Kindle store from the drop down menu at the left of the search bar, then typed in Kindle Unlimited. Tis easy from there.

Here are a few authors I've read through KU-romance and mainstream/women's fiction:

Tawna Fenske- funny, warm romances
Catherine Bybee-I've read one of her Not Quite series so far, got the second one waiting.
Sharla Lovelace-I love her Storm Chaser series.
Barbara Claypole White-women's fiction, I'm reading my first of hers now.
Jamie Beck-I've not read her yet, but they look good.

I'd love to hear what good books you find through KU, too. It's a huge book ocean that's hard to navigate, that's for sure. I have my own books there, but I confess to not searching titles/authors out much unless I've seen a mention or I happen upon a book that is coincidentally available there.

Happy Monday ;)

Oh, cool, that works!

Thanks!

And a good list of recs to start with, too. Yay!

Dana_B

Registered
Reaction score
*raises morning tea mug* So glad it worked and I'm always up for book recs--reading and talking about reading is m'jam ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.