Stepping down as laureate/anthology

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
For personal reasons, I am stepping down as laureate, effective immediately. Unfortunately, this means I will not be able to continue the anthology. I wanted to let you all know that, in case you were working on poems for it, and to convey my apologies to you.

I am very sorry. I hope your next laureate does better for you and for the forum.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
For personal reasons, I am stepping down as laureate, effective immediately. Unfortunately, this means I will not be able to continue the anthology. I wanted to let you all know that, in case you were working on poems for it, and to convey my apologies to you.

I am very sorry. I hope your next laureate does better for you and for the forum.

I think you were a fine poet laureate. 2016 has been a hard year in lots of ways for lots of people.

Let's hope for a better 2017.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Sending good thoughts for better days ahead.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
you've been an energetic and dedicated champion of poetry here and i appreciate it.

there's not much poetry left anywhere, and darkness deepens even as your breath shallows from trying to tease an ember to flame.

thanks for your tenure and, most of all, for trying.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
You already know I think so much of you and appreciate your presence and encouragement.
I hope the reasons that pull you away will also see fit to send you back.

CDSinex

Imagine something clever here.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for all of your hard work. A apologize for not posting more often. Wishing you the best.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your efforts. Your ambition has been admirable and Lisa is right: 2016 has been a punch in the face and a kick in the ovaries.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Kuwi said it better than I can at the moment. You've done a great job, inspired many, and impressed more, and I'm sorry for whatever is pulling you away. Thank you for all your hard work.

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score
Count me among those whom you've inspired. Your hard work and dedication to this forum has been appreciated by all kinds of souls (like me) lurking in the shadows. Sending you the warmest wishes!

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
All my prayers and wishes that whatever life has thrown at you works out in the best way possible.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Unfortunate that circumstances drove you to that choice. Thanks for all you did and the effect it had on me and others.

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
I thought you did a fine job and agree with others on the strange times at hand. Thank you!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that; I hope the circumstances improve. But thank you for the opportunity!

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Pure inspiration? How do I thank you for that? I am writing poetry again, after decades of avoidance and neglect. I never thought I would pen another stanza and then there was Cass--s6

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words, and an extra thank you to those who contributed to the anthology -- I am really sorry it did not take off.

Jason shared his wonderful anthology poem in the main forum. May I encourage some of you who contributed, or who began writing something to contribute, to do the same (assuming you don't want to reserve first rights in order to submit them elsewhere)? While they've been moved to the critique forum, far more people read poems posted in the main forum.

Shakey, Maggie, Filigree, and others who've been inspired to write poetry again -- I'm grateful to you for saying so. It means more to me than I can say. I hope you will continue writing it. Please consider sharing your efforts with the forum (whether here or in critique). If you want a crit and I don't get to it in a day or two, ping me.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't had Internet and have had a world of woes myself to keep me off-balance. I'm sorry I wasn't here to support you in your tenure as PL. I would have been if I could have been.

May your life smooth out and happiness surround you, Cassandra. :Hug2:

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
While I'm sorry circumstances are causing you to step down, I'm glad to hear you still expect to have time to drop by and do some critiques. I've enjoyed looking at your work, and yours is the first anthology theme I've ever written for. I shall attempt to sell my poem elsewhere. Meanwhile, I hope your luck improves and offer any prayers and support for better day that I can provide. We all have those times when life intervenes in a negative way. Godspeed.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Ambrosia, no need to apologize! I missed you, but I know what a lot you had going on. (I know the same is true for a couple of our other regulars.) Life happens. I hope things are getting easier for you.

Debbie, I'm glad you're going to submit your poem. I liked it very much, as you know. Keep us posted if you get good news.

And yes, I'll be around to crit and comment, though I may duck out for chunks of time. My writer's block has broken (crossing my fingers that continues), so I hope I'll be posting poems too.

Status
Not open for further replies.