RIP DL Hegel

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. I lost my best friend a year ago and I'm still sad. (((HUGS))) :(

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
DL was incredibly supportive of me when I was new. She was to all of us. That was what she was great at--inspiration and keeping us disciplined.

She will be missed by many and for a long time.

a decade or so ago, she was my son's martial arts instructor.

Support, inspiration and discipline were a way of life for her in writing and everything else.
I remember her making 4 year old kids doing warm-up forms and the whole time she had them saying, "Listen to mom!" "Clean my room!"
:heart:
And you know every kid that went to that martial arts school adored her for kicking their butts, giving awesome hugs, and making them work harder. She was the same here at AW.

NinaK

On the Beach
Registered
Reaction score
Rest easy, DL.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i post to honor DL's humanity, her humor and her tremendous talent. i never saw her treat anyone with anything but respect and kindness.

she was a source of encouragement and camaraderie to me.

i wish comfort and healing to her friends and family.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Goddammit.

For years DL was a trusted confidant, supporter, cheerleader, friend. Ass-kicker when called for. I had the great privilege to talk with her frequently for a bit, often having her call me out of the blue whereupon we'd catch up with whatever was going on with each other since the last time we talked. It had been a few years, as people change addresses and phone numbers, and people lose touch as is the way of things.

Still, I always expected I'd hear from her again, and we'd catch up. There was so much I'm sure she'd kick my ass for.

So long, Tiger. You shall be missed.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw dammit. I just found out. She was always so encouraging and welcoming to everyone. She's been here since I was a teenager. I'll miss her.

LimeyDawg

Scars are poems too
Registered
Reaction score
This is one of those downsides to extended absences. You lose people. Going to miss the banter, for sure.