Press Release Inquiry

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
It depends who you're sending it out to, and what it's for.

If you're sending it out with review copies then you need at least 12-15 weeks.

If you're sending it out to potential readers (not that this is a good way to use a press release, but people do it) then a week or so before publication is fine.

There are lots of other variations.

Think what you want your press release to achieve. Consider what lead-time is required for that to happen.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
You can start a thread in our Share Your Work rooms, but expect to receive strong critiques if it's not up to scratch.

Make sure you think carefully about what you want to achieve with your release before you post it: you need to write different releases for different situations, and it's not an easy thing to get right.

field19

DreamSeeker
Registered
Reaction score
Would this be under Publishing or Freelance? I could not locate the proper Share Your Work room you are referring to.

field19

DreamSeeker
Registered
Reaction score
I think I found one under AW Writing Lab, but it requires a password. Is it the same PW as I use to log on to AW?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Before you post anything in SYW spend some time giving critiques. Give as many as you can. It will help you work out what's wrong with your own writing when you get back to it, and it will increase your chances of receiving critiques in return.