New Profile Fields

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
So I've added fields to member profiles

These are options; feel free to ignore them.

• GoodReads
  • LibraryThing
  • Twitter

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Has there been any discussion about adding profile fields to the advanced search form? In this case, say I want to see who all is on Twitter. It would be interesting to be able to use the form to search for twitter handles, including all NOT NULL, rather than having to check each person's profile. Likewise finding people's Goodreads page, or even any profile field a person has filled in, since that info is publically available?

Nope. Not ever going to do that. We've turned off a number of searchable member database UI items because it's exploitable data.

It's a member privacy issue in that there is no way to opt out of being searchable, and aggregate data, even if PID (Personally Identifiable Data) is removed is often still personally identifiable.

- - - Updated - - -

cmhbob has put together a Twitter list of AWers. Must have taken him ages. Onya, Bob!

I've got one here

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Has there been any discussion about adding profile fields to the advanced search form? In this case, say I want to see who all is on Twitter. It would be interesting to be able to use the form to search for twitter handles, including all NOT NULL, rather than having to check each person's profile. Likewise finding people's Goodreads page, or even any profile field a person has filled in, since that info is publically available?

I should note that there are opt in lists of AWers on

Facebook

YouTube

G+

Twitter

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I had seen them. Well, not the twitter one but similar lists of professions, locations etc. That's what made me think about a field in the search form in the first place.

Thanks.

If I could be positive that it wouldn't be exploited, and MacAllister approved, I'd do it like a shot.

But it's just not safe.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
*wonders what the point of finding all AWers on twitter, rather than individuals you'd like to follow, would be*