How about a Midlands meet?

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Would there be any interest from Brits in a meet in the Midlands? I'm in the Nottingham/Derby area but could easily hop on the train or motorway.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a meet up but I'm a bit poor so it would depend on where and when.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I can do Birmingham fairly easily on the train. Are there any other Brits who might need nudging to see this? I'm friends on twitter with a few who made it to the London meet but I think they were mostly London/SE based.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they mostly were. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head who was more Midland-based. But then my memory for names is atrocious.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I'm based in Hampshire, but I can get to Birmingham and back on the same day by train. I haven't been to an AW meet-up in quite a while. In fact, I met you both at the last one I went to!

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
That would be great! The more the merrier. Would you guys prefer a saturday or sunday?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Saturday would be better trainwise. On Sunday there'd be a greater risk of engineering works somewhere on the line.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
That's the last one I went too as well. I think about 5 people who were there are no longer here.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I could do the 15th or 22nd of October or the 12th, 19th or 26th November. Was there some reason several people have left or was it just forum turn over?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I could do the 15th or 22nd of October or the 12th, 19th or 26th November. Was there some reason several people have left or was it just forum turn over?
Crunchyblanket dropped off AW because she was spending too much time on it, in particular arguing with people on the Politics forum. :) I'm in touch with her on Facebook and we're regular mutual beta-readers anyway.

Waylander is still posting on AW but has health issues (major hearing loss) so he would be unlikely to come along.

Don't know about others.

Of your dates I can make 22 October and 19 November. Possibly 12 November as well but that's a little doubtful as it's the nearest weekend to my Dad's birthday.

Last edited:

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I've contacted Priene and Luke on Twitter and both have said they might be able to make it which would be cool. So if you contact CrunchyBlanket, that leaves Francis and Shakesbeare from the meet I went to. Is there anyone I've forgotten? I'm sure there is...

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Mirandashell has suggested the Shakespeare pub which is opposite Birmingham New Street and it seems like the 19th Nov would be a good date. So, who's in?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I wish I could be there :( Send us a photo!

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I wish I could be there :( Send us a photo!

If the local wifi is good enough, nothing to prevent people attending via Skype, though I suspect the time difference would be an issue in your case! :)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Just an FYI

If AW members want the AW public to know their legal names they'll indicte that in their profiles.

Please remember to protect their privacy.

Last edited:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to but, as Eyeblink mentioned, I'm currently completely deaf after some poorly understood infection while immune-suppressed. This makes conversation rather laborious.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have a contact for Shakesbear? I think she's the only person we're missing. I've told Francis our plans and she seems up for it.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently Shakesbear can't make it because her health isn't great, which is a real shame. Annynin (who I don't think I ever met) is also unable to join us.