AW Amazon Store

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Review my blog please?

Threaded View

practical experience, FTW
    I would love to see you talk more about writing. Unfortunately, that means ramping up your writing output. The way I see it though, if you want to get serious with writing, you'd have to force yourself to write at the beginning. It's like working out. You're going to hate it in the beginning, but when you see the six packs and bigger arms, you'll learn to love it. With me, it's with running. I got sick, hadn't gone for a jog for over a month. I resented it when I got back to it, but eventually I started seeing improvements in my health - no headaches, better temperature (I get cold easily), and overall, I just feel alive.

With writing, it's all about habit-forming. I hated it in the beginning too, but then I stranded myself in another country for two months and got to work. Bam! 1,000 words a day, sometimes even more. I backslid for a while after losing a writing competition, but I'm back in the game again, using the same techniques. I have a feeling I'm going to keep a consistent output for a much longer timeframe, because I'm aiming much bigger this time.

That said, having an objective or goal, both long term and short, will do wonders, just like how you have a goal for your blog.
    Last edited by xbriannova; 09-07-2016 at 08:17 AM.