Colin Kaepernick Sits Through National Anthem Last Night

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
And then today there were two more quite public reports to back up the players.

1) Former Seahawk wide receiver Paul Richardson, who signed with the DC team in the off-season for a huge chunk of change, was driving his new Mercedes in the toll lane and was pulled over. The cop asked if he was in a gang, then told him he thought PRich was in a gang. The police refused to release the dash cam footage after a request from the AP. It's within their discretion not to.

2) Video of the aggressive arrest of a former player is making the rounds, too. The incident leading up to the arrest involves a road rage incident where the ex-player was deemed at fault, but in the video, the police used a lot of force after they had him cuffed. 3 white officers took him to the ground and choked him until it appears he passes out for a moment.

Meanwhile, Nikolas Cruz gets led away peacefully, Dylan Roof gets to have Burger King, Travis Reinking gets a bail amount set, and the President of the United States can't even acknowledge the existence of James Shaw, Jr., the hero who stopped the Waffle House shooting. Because he's black.

This is why the players kneel.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Proving that rich, white men stick together.

N.F.L. players will be allowed to stay in the locker room during the national anthem, but their teams will be fined by the league if they go onto the field and kneel, according to new rules adopted by owners on Wednesday in an effort to defuse an issue that escalated last season into a national debate catalyzed by President Trump.

It wasn't as though I needed another reason to dislike te National Felons League, but hey they gave me one.

Link

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Twitter has things to say about the twits in the NFL and their latest attempt to assert their authority over their Negroes.

[h=3]Marc Lamont Hill
(@marclamonthill)

[/h]In the midst of this latest national anthem controversy, let us not forget that @Kaepernick7 is still being blackballed for taking a principled and peaceful stand for justice.

[h=3]Shaun King
(@ShaunKing)

[/h]Will the @NFL still effectively ban Colin Kaepernick & Eric Reid from the league now that they have banned taking a knee? Or will they allow these men to earn a living back in the league now that they've banned their chosen form of protest? A grave injustice either way.

[h=3]Kevin Seifert
(@SeifertESPN)

[/h]49ers owner Jed York abstained from voting today on the NFL's new anthem policy. The owner of the team that employed Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid told reporters: "I think there are a lot of reasons, and I'm not going to get into all of those reasons....

[h=3]Scott Gunson
(@scottgunson)

[/h]@AndrewBrandt @Kaepernick7 Are beer and concession stands going to be closed during anthem, so fans can properly respect the flag?

[h=3]Michael Tisserand
(@m_tisserand)

[/h]At this point if @Kaepernick7 started a new league and it was maybe a half dozen guys scrimmaging for an hour I'd watch that instead of the NFL.

And the National Football League Players Association isn't feelin' the love for the new policy either.
National Football League Players Association spokesperson George Atallah said Wednesday the organization will fight any alteration to NFL policy that forces players to stand during the United States national anthem.

On Wednesday, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported the league "is expected to allow players to stay in the locker room during anthem and fine teams for any flag [or] anthem disrespect." The NFL later confirmed the rule change surrounding the anthem.

Prior to that announcement, ESPN's Dan Graziano provided Atallah's response to that expected change.

"We were not consulted ahead of this meeting on any potential changes to the anthem policy," he said. "If there are changes to the policy that put players in a position where they could be disciplined or fined, we are going to do what we always do—fight anything that encroaches on players' rights to the end."

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday the league wants to get the focus back on football because fans "want to come to the game and get away from the issues that are going on out here."

"You've got a very genuine, very genuine stewardship for the teams and the ownership, and certainly their interest in the fans, which is probably No. 1, and I'm not trying to diminish issues of our rights here," he told reporters. "But the No. 1 thing here is our fans, and I know our fans want us to zero in on the game, zero in on football."

Do I watch pro football to get away from the issue that are going on out there? Sure I do, but I can't get away from them because watching young men crash into either other for three hours isn't enough of an escape from the serious issues that compelled Colin Kaepernick to take a knee.

Jones, Roger Goodell, and the other NFL owners/massas don't give a shit about that. If Black bodies are going to bleed, let them bleed on the field. It's all about self-interest and dollar, dollar bill, y'all.

This is a joke but it's not funny.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And how did taking a knee detract from the game?
The anthem and the pledge and the prayer and the flag worship and whatever y'all do before sporting events happens before the game is played, does it not?
Taking a knee is about as quiet and respectful a protest as anyone could think of.
If the NFL and the media hadn't made such a big deal about it, it would just be one of those things that happens pre-game:
Some people stand to respect the flag and what it stands for, some kneel in memory of the dream deferred, that promise that was not fulfilled.
People who understood what the gesture of taking a knee meant would understand, the few who asked would be enlightened, and the rest would remain ignorant, lining up for beer and hotdogs.

And, go, Player's Association! Unions are about more than money!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jets Chairman Christopher Johnson voted for the ban, but says he will pay the fines for any Jets who decide to kneel. Christopher runs the team for his brother who is United States Ambassador to the United Kingdom.

"I do not like imposing any club-specific rules," Johnson said, per Newsday. "If somebody [on the Jets] takes a knee, that fine will be borne by the organization, by me, not the players. I never want to put restrictions on the speech of our players. Do I prefer that they stand? Of course. But I understand if they felt the need to protest.

Link

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
N.F.L. players will be allowed to stay in the locker room during the national anthem,.. in an effort to defuse an issue that escalated last season into a national debate catalyzed by President Trump.

"Defuse," my ass. They're trying to squelch the issue - a different beast entirely. "Sure, you can protest, just not where anyone can see you do it. Furthermore, we give you free rein to whisper your complaints into this nice, soft pillow. That's just as good as marching in the streets, right?"

Cowards, trembling behind their weak facade of not wanting to "politicize" sports. If that's their goal, there's a simple solution, no fines needed: stop playing the anthem before games. Boom - politics removed. But they're too spineless to take that step. They want a flag and anthem? They have to deal with the consequences.

What I'd really like to see is for every person in the stands to take a knee, too. Unfortunately, I'd hesitate to participate in such a protest personally, simply because I'd have to pay to be in those stands, so my protest would simply line the owners' pockets. I have no interest in further enriching those creeps.

I wonder what would be involved in gathering a big crowd outside the stadium to kneel while the anthem plays inside? I'd be up for that.

Last edited:

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Roger Goodell just handed Bone Spurs a big public relations win. If any players now violate this dictum, and get fined, Bone Spurs is going to crow about his victory endlessly on Twitter, and bring it up at every opportunity. Thanks a bunch, Roger.

caw

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Roger Goodell just handed Bone Spurs a big public relations win. If any players now violate this dictum, and get fined, Bone Spurs is going to crow about his victory endlessly on Twitter, and bring it up at every opportunity. Thanks a bunch, Roger.

caw

Roger Goodell has been the worst commissioner of the NFL since there has been a NFL. The absolute bottom-of-the barrel and a total shill for the owners and the corporations as well as the U.S. military with whom the NFL enjoys a lucrative relationship. Even before Colin Kaepernick took a knee to protest police brutality, Goodell had earned his place on the shit pile if for no other reason than his deplorable handling of the Ray Rice incident, the concussion cover-up, and the general oversaturation of the game as well as sucking all the fun out of pro football.

What the NFL did with this so-called "compromise" was an exercise in both ass covering and trying to suck up to Donald Trump. That's all, and nobody but a lying-ass owner or some total media hack can call it anything else. Make no mistake, this was a solution to a problem that was on its way out. The league blackballed Kaepernick as well as his former 49er teammate, Eric Reid, for supporting him. There's no football being played in May except for voluntary-but-not-really organized training activities which accomplish nothing more than to see who's in or out of shape and wreck a few guys for the upcoming season such as San Diego Charger starting tight end Hunter Henry who tore up his ACL and is out for the season.

That's what football does. It takes a hellacious toll on the bodies and minds of young men so old men can sit back in their pleasure domes paid for with taxpayer money. Nothing can be allowed to permit the multi-billion dollar machine that is the NFL from stacking dead presidents on the backs of the talent.

But every so often, some of that talent speaks up and makes it plain that while most will grumble privately, but publicly say nothing, a few such as two-time Super Bowl winner Chris Long, son of Hall of Famer Howie Long dare to be defiant as he took to his Twitter account to proclaim:

This is fear of a diminished bottom line. It's also fear of a president turning his base against a corporation. This is not patriotism. Don't get it confused. These owners don't love America more than the players demonstrating and taking real action to improve it. It also lets you, the fan, know where our league stands.

I will continue to be committed to affecting change with my platform. I'm someone who's always looked at the anthem as a declaration of ideals, including the right to peaceful protest. Our league continues to fall short on this issue

Never forget it was Trump who fanned the flames of player protest when he race-baited the Black NFL players who were taking a knee or raising a fist as "sons-of-bitches" who should be "fired." Never forget it was 32 White millionaires and billionaires who reached a so-called "compromise" with NO input from the players or their union. Never forget Goodell has given a whip to those 32 millionaires and billionaires to lash those uppity niggers back in line and back into their proper place and that's beating the hell out of each other for a predominantly White fan base as well as all those nervous corporate sponsors.

Never forget who started this for a righteous reason and sacrificed his career for it. Never forget who the true thugs are here.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
Trump has now declared that people who don't stand for the anthem should be "thrown out of the country." In other words, he wants to deport American citizens (to where, I wonder?) for not being sufficiently "patriotic."

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
And how did taking a knee detract from the game?

I look forward to the NFL dismantling and banning any and all cheerleaders from their stadiums. They're there before the game even begins, while it's being played, sometimes even daring to engage with the crowd telling them to cheer!

It's un-American and distracts me from the game.

Also all those commercials, they're a distraction.

And the sports commentators.

And the loud cheers of the crowd. I can hardly hear the ref sometimes. They should play inside an insulated sound-proof dome, in vacuum.

And all the pageantry and ties to the US military in the opening of a game, that should go too. I tune in get away from real world problems and now they're reaching into my home and rubbing my nose in it. How dare they remind me we're in a perpetual war with numerous middle-east nations/paramilitary groups.

:sarcasm <---just in case

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score
The country's fixation on the anthem and flags again astounds me.

I'm always irritated in all aspects in life when a group of people decide with absolution what is and is not an "American" thing to do.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Trump has now declared that people who don't stand for the anthem should be "thrown out of the country." In other words, he wants to deport American citizens (to where, I wonder?) for not being sufficiently "patriotic."

The asshole in chief promising to shit all over the Constitution and to violate his oath of office, while a complicit Congress twiddles their thumbs and pretends everything is cool. I can't even express the rage I feel for this Neanderthal, sub-human, dirtbag and his merry band of un-American shitholes.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
The asshole in chief promising to shit all over the Constitution and to violate his oath of office, while a complicit Congress twiddles their thumbs and pretends everything is cool. I can't even express the rage I feel for this Neanderthal, sub-human, dirtbag and his merry band of un-American shitholes.

Please, let's not insult Neanderthals. This one's all on us, H. "sapiens"...

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/24/team-kaepernick-fires-back-pence-nfl-kneeling-ban/

Team Kaepernick swung back Thursday after Vice President Mike Pence cheered the NFL’s decision to ban kneeling during the national anthem.
Mr. Pence responded to the Wednesday vote at the annual spring meeting by tweeting “#Winning,” prompting free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick to retweet a legal citation posted by his attorney, Mark Geragos, who added, “Winning!”
Mr. Geragos posted a section of the federal code from the Legal Information Institute prohibiting federal elected officials, including the president and vice president, from attempting to influence the hiring decisions of private employers on partisan grounds.

I didn't know that Kaepernick's lawyer was Mark Geragos.

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And then today there were two more quite public reports to back up the players.

1) Former Seahawk wide receiver Paul Richardson, who signed with the DC team in the off-season for a huge chunk of change, was driving his new Mercedes in the toll lane and was pulled over. The cop asked if he was in a gang, then told him he thought PRich was in a gang. The police refused to release the dash cam footage after a request from the AP. It's within their discretion not to.

2) Video of the aggressive arrest of a former player is making the rounds, too. The incident leading up to the arrest involves a road rage incident where the ex-player was deemed at fault, but in the video, the police used a lot of force after they had him cuffed. 3 white officers took him to the ground and choked him until it appears he passes out for a moment.

Meanwhile, Nikolas Cruz gets led away peacefully, Dylan Roof gets to have Burger King, Travis Reinking gets a bail amount set, and the President of the United States can't even acknowledge the existence of James Shaw, Jr., the hero who stopped the Waffle House shooting. Because he's black.

This is why the players kneel.

Absolutely right, and as if we needed even more visual evidence of risky to life and limb Living While Black can be in these United States, I give you Mr. Sterling Brown, of the NBA Milwaukee Bucks being greeted by several members of the Milwaukee Police Department.

They hit him with a Taser for doing...well, nothing at all.

That's the part of America Donald Trump knows exists but doesn't care about.

I didn't know that Kaepernick's lawyer was Mark Geragos.

He is, and this week has provided Geragos with a lot of ammunition in Kaepernick's charge of collusion against the NFL.

Colin Kaepernick remains an unsigned free agent, and despite some arguments to the contrary, his level of play on the field is not the sole reason.

According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, internal team documents show that "teams viewed Kaepernick as being good enough not simply to be employed by an NFL team, but to be a starting quarterback for an NFL team."

This information has been unearthed as part of the quarterback's collusion grievance against the NFL, including from documents and witness testimony during depositions.

Kaepernick was notably the first to kneel during the national anthem in protest of racial discrimination at the start of the 2016 season. He became a free agent the following season but was unable to sign with a new team despite posting a respectable 90.7 quarterback rating in his 12 games.

Some have claimed he simply isn't good enough to play, like Dieter Kurtenbach of Fox Sports and Albert Breer of the MMQB:

The No. 1 reason Colin Kaepernick is unsigned: He's not considered a starting-caliber player by any NFL evaluator anymore. Work from there.

However, the latest report shows that his talent wasn't in question. This fits with some of the discussion prior to the grievance.

"He's a starter in this league," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said of Kaepernick in June of 2017, per Andre Vergara of Fox Sports. "We have a starter, but he is a starter in this league and I can’t imagine somebody won’t give him a chance to play."
But nobody has given him a chance to play because that's how blackballing works. The NFL commissioned a consulting firm to determine whether Kaepernick should get signed and what affect the players protest were having with the fans.

Four months into quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s 2017 free agency and heading into intensified criticism from President Donald Trump over player protests, the NFL used a Washington consulting firm to ask Americans whether Kaepernick should have been signed by a team, according to sources familiar with the league’s research.

The poll was conducted by The Glover Park Group, a consulting firm that was co-founded by then-NFL communications chief Joe Lockhart, sources told Yahoo Sports. The data sought by the NFL included fan attitudes about a few high-profile league concerns, including domestic violence, gambling, player protests and player safety. Sources noted that Kaepernick was the only player singled out in the research for specific opinions, which were then compiled and sent to various league officials, including commissioner Roger Goodell and several other high-ranking executives.

The poll could create a significant point of contention in Kaepernick’s collusion complaint against the NFL, raising the question of why the league conducted opinion research with its fan base about the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback. The existence of polling data on Kaepernick could also raise the question of whether the research went beyond high-ranking NFL executives to ownership groups or other team personnel who could have signed the quarterback.

When asked about Kaepernick’s inclusion in the GPG poll, the NFL declined comment through a spokesperson. Representatives for Kaepernick and the NFLPA both declined immediate comment.

According to sources, the NFL approved research that sought two pieces of information: Whether Americans believed Kaepernick should have been signed by an NFL team; and given that Kaepernick remained a free agent, whether fans believed that was because he refused to stand for the national anthem or due to his on-field performance or other reasons.

Maybe it's not Kaepernick and the players who shouldn't be in this country. Maybe it's Trump and the old White men and women of the NFL and their sick, sad master/slave fetish who shouldn't be in this country.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
That's the part of America Donald Trump knows exists but doesn't care about.

I think he cares. Not cares as in, "oh no, we can't allow human beings to be treated this way!" But cares because he knows every video that makes the rounds, every story of police brutality, is densensitizing (I'm so pissed I can't remember how to spell!) the public, furthering his agenda to legitimize othering, until everyone not on his fascist agenda is considered animals. Blacks, Latinos, Women, Muslims, children who have the audacity to think their right to life should come before the right to have a personal arsenal....

He is capitalizing--financially and politically--on the hatred and mistrust that was already alive and well in this country, that people didn't want to admit was more than just a few extremists on the fringe, and even when they began to see the numbers, stuck to shutting their eyes and chanting, it can't/won't happen here because magical thinking/American exceptionalism.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Golden State Warriors coach, Steve Kerr, calls out the NFL

Link

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When Jerry Jones spoke to Trump, the race-baiter-in-chief made it clear he wasn't going to stop going after the NFL over the players protests.
"This is a very winning, strong issue for me," Trump told Jones, according to Andrew Beaton of the Wall Street Journal. "Tell everybody, you can't win this one. This one lifts me."

And there you have it. Sowing the seeds of racial resentment and making the country more divisive, more intolerant, and more bigoted, is good for Trump even if it's bad for the nation.

When the league concocted this bullshit, half-assed "policy" to shut down the kneeling and fist-raising, they were making a desperate attempt to placate Trump. They failed. They failed totally, completely and miserably.
President Donald Trump on Monday abruptly disinvited the entire Philadelphia Eagles team from attending a White House ceremony on Tuesday. The ceremony would have been in honor of the Eagles defeating the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII.

In a statement, Trump objected to certain Eagles players partaking in protests during the playing of the national anthem, although not a single Eagles player kneeled during the anthem last season. Trump depicted the players as having a disagreement “with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country.” The White House will still welcome Eagles fans to join "a different type of ceremony—one that will honor our great country, pay tribute to the heroes who fight to protect it, and loudly and proudly play the National Anthem.”

Trump’s decision is significant on several levels.

First, rescinding the invitation appears to be unprecedented in American history. According to ESPN writer Thomas Neumann, the White House’s custom of inviting a championship team began in 1924. At the time, President Calvin Coolidge invited the Washington Senators—fresh off a World Series victory against the New York Giants—to celebrate at the White House. There is no record of another team being disinvited by a sitting president after the team already accepted an invitation (Trump also made history last year when he didn’t invite the Golden State Warriors to a White House ceremony after they beat the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2017 NBA finals; for their part, the Warriors signaled they probably wouldn’t have accepted Trump’s invitation anyway).

Second, the sudden disinvitation—at the 11th hour, after months of planning—raises the possibility that the White House might have come across information or a rumor that caused it to take such dramatic action. Perhaps, for example, the White House became concerned about a potential player protest during the White House visit. In May, Twitter user @KayFusion asked me about potential repercussions of players kneeling during a visit to the White House. As a government building staffed by government employees, the White House is, in a general sense, obligated to protect First Amendment free speech rights. While a variety of security and privacy concerns allow the White House to restrict the behavior of visitors, a player kneeling or engaging in some other form of peaceful protest probably wouldn’t trigger security concerns. The White House might have felt that there was a risk of a controversial moment with Eagles players visiting.

Additional facts about the invitation’s rescission came to light on Tuesday morning, when Trump tweeted that “only a small number of players decided to come” (he also reiterated that he finds players kneeling to be “disrespectful”). Trump’s reference to relatively few players deciding to partake in the ceremony is consistent with reporting by the Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News on Tuesday that fewer than 10 players were planning to attend (it’s unclear how many coaches, executives and staff planned to attend). It is also consistent with a tweet Monday night by Eagles wide receiver Torrey Smith, who insisted that not many Eagles players were going to attend. This information signals that the President’s decision, while clearly related to his ongoing frustration about players and the national anthem, was at least partly motivated by concern about the optics of unimpressive attendance.

Third, and most consequential to the NFL, the disinvitation fits the theory of collusion advanced by Colin Kaepernick’s attorneys, Mark Geragos and Ben Meiselas. Pursuant to Article 17 of the collective bargaining agreement (and as detailed more extensively in other SI stories), Kaepernick can only prevail in his collusion grievance if he proves that two or more teams, or the league and at least one team, conspired against him. Here, the conspiracy would refer to an agreement or understanding to deny him an opportunity to sign with a team.

Keep in mind what the collusion standard requires. If one owner decided, on his own, to not sign Kaepernick for political/anthem reasons, that would not constitute collusion. The reason why is that collusion requires the involvement of multiple teams (or the involvement of the league and at least one team). Similarly, if one owner spoke with Trump and after that conversation decided to not sign Kaepernick, that too would not describe collusion. That is because for purposes of a labor grievance in the NFL, Trump is merely a third party (albeit perhaps the most influential third party on Earth). The collective bargaining agreement does not govern the President of the United States.

There are 53 players on an NFL roster and the fact only ten were going to visit Trump at the White House pretty much tells you all you need to know about how the Eagles felt about the invitation. They'll be just fine without posing for a photo-op and giving Trump a jersey he'll never wear.

Trump was never going to stop wrecking the NFL. His predominantly White and mostly racist base gets off on their Great White Hope telling the darkies they should get out of this country and that they're unpatriotic sons of bitches. Anyone but a Trumper knows Colin Kaepernick's protest was never about the flag or the anthem. It was about the injustice being handed out against Blacks by cops. It's not difficult to find out the root cause of Kaepernick's career-ending actions unless you don't give a flip about the facts of the matter. Or you're simply as willfully ignorant as Trump. Take your pick.

The intensity of the racialized attack on the primarily Black players of the NFL by Trump and his lackeys go far beyond the racially charged tweets of a sad, possibly demented, sad sack of a TV star who chugs down conspiracy theories and hateful vitriol like too many bourbon and Cokes. Roseanne Barr blows a dog whistle and everyone loses their fucking minds. Donald Trump bleats into a tuba and deafens the world with his scathing contempt for the NFL players and the owners who can't control them.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Philly's mayor blasts Trump

“Disinviting them from the White House only proves that our President is not a true patriot, but a fragile egomaniac obsessed with crowd size and afraid of the embarrassment of throwing a party to which no one wants to attend,” Kenney said in a statement.

Link

Neither team in the NBA finals are interested in going to the White House

Link

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Neither team in the NBA finals are interested in going to the White House.

Well, considering how the Race-Baiter-in-Chief feels about Black professional athletes, can't say I blame 'em.

I wouldn't go to the White House either. :mad:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's not only liberals who see through Trump's treachery.

Jonah Goldberg @JonahNRO

The attempt to make the Eagles event cancellation about the national anthem is just a complete act of deceitful propaganda and conservatives should have zero to do with it. If that was the issue, why schedule the event in the first place? Also: None of them kneeled. Shameful.
8:04 AM - Jun 5, 2018

Jim "Jim" Jamitis @anthropocon

Our president is enthusiastically planning a meeting with a guy who fed his uncle to starving dogs but cancels a photo op because football players hurt his feelings.
11:18 AM - Jun 5, 2018

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jim "Jim" Jamitis @anthropocon

Our president is enthusiastically planning a meeting with a guy who fed his uncle to starving dogs but cancels a photo op because football players hurt his feelings.
11:18 AM - Jun 5, 2018

A few people commenting on the anthropocon Tweet drank the 'Eagles cancelled' koolaid, whining that only 10 Eagles were going to come.

Frank Styles:
... They disinvited themselves. Dont let that pesky fact interrupt this lovely narrative though:

DC:
I think the team canceled the event.

Lars Smith:
JimJim- the players said they were not going to attend. Trump made other plans. You, CNN and the #I’mWithHer crowd are the ones who are butt hurt.

I don't recognize my country. Not that these people weren't always there, but how did they become so many?

Last edited:

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score
I don't recognize my country. Not that these people weren't always there, but how did they become so many?

I was young during the Bush era and did not pay attention to politics, abroad or domestic. Starting picking up politics during Obama's tenure and would watch Jon Stewart, often making fun of Fox News, an organization whose dislike of Obama in its simplest form can be narrowed down to his middle name: "Hussein".

None of it was news in my country. Just nonsense. It was all fun, but I didn't imagine that the people who could vote and approve of Trump were in the tens of millions. I don't mind if you are a coal miner and Trump promised he'd give you a job. The rest though, they frighten me. Like, Alex Jones frightening. They are all screaming for Comey to be jailed and don't even know why.

Browsing through Youtube for certain debates I'll find a video titled "Reporter confronts Sarah Sanders" or whatever, and then another one titled "Sarah Sanders dismantles reporter". Just ... wtf.