I'd like feedback on my new blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, it's been a long time, but I've finally started writing what I consider "Christian-writing". I've started an LGBTQ-affirming blog aimed at Christians who are struggling with the issue, whether in themselves or in those they love. I've already posted in the QUILTBAG forum, but I'd like feedback from this group too.

It's called Homosexuality: A Christian's Response

Which doesn't sound especially LGBTQ-affirming, but it really is. The audience I'm aiming for is not the LGBTQ community, nor the steadfastly anti-LGBT community, but the ones in the middle. Christians who are struggling with the issue, whether in themselves or in loved ones.

There are a lot of blogs out there on both sides, and I'm not so vain to thinks mine is ground-breaking, but at best, I'll change some minds, at worst, I'll just be adding my voice to the chorus of LGBTQ affirming Christians.

What I'd like from you guys is some feedback. The blog is "out in the wild", but hasn't really been found by anyone. This is a good thing, because it allows me to solicit feedback without a lot of controversy.

I trust you guys to believe in my good intentions AND to give me honest feedback. I know that people here come from a wide backgrounds. I'd just like your perspective on what I'm attempting to do.

If you want to comment on the blog, that's okay, but I'm really looking for feedback on what I'm doing right and where I'm screwing up. (I screw up a lot.) There's still time to change before I try for a wider audience with Facebook and other social media.

Thanks for ANY feedback you can give.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
This was very intriguing. I like the thoughts on this a lot. It's a sin when you're hurting others (or yourself) no matter what sin it is.

Everybody has some sins here and there, I think as long as you're a good person (and good to others) that's all that matters.

Joanna Alonzo

Registered
Reaction score
This topic is something that hits close to the heart for me, and though I'm not at the stage where I'm willing to really dive into it, I do appreciate your heart in this attempt to tackle such a controversial and relevant topic.

When it comes to feedback on the blog itself, my first instinct was to try to find out who you are and why you are tackling this issue. I found it in your very first post, which was the introduction. I suggest you place it somewhere prominent on your site, as well as the post about the purpose of your blog.

As a reader, I feel like the posts are a lot of... uhm, explanation? borderline preaching?... giving me little to connect with you as a person. Maybe that's not your style or your intent, but the kind of reader that I am, I'm more interested in hearing your story. Why this? Why tackle this topic in particular? Pure conviction? You have friends or someone close to you who are part of the LGBTQ community who were wronged? For me to get the heart behind the site, I need to connect with you. I need to somehow trust you, know you. Give me a reason to do that. Otherwise, you're just another voice in a sea of blogs tackling a topic that is painful and heavy for a lot of people. Me included.

I hope this somehow helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.