• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader Needed for Young Adult Post-Apocalyptic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, after much thought, I decided to give this a shot. The novel is already finished, but I kind of want a second set of eyes to go over it, because as much as I'd like to believe I'm the greatest writer ever, I know I have my blindspots and need someone to call me on them. I had been posting in SYW, but feel I could benefit from a more intensive, one-on-one approach.

It is Young Adult, so I'd prefer someone with knowledge of said genre. It's also post-apocalyptic, so yeah, it also delves into some damn dark territory as well, so it's not for the squeamish.

I wouldn't mind a partnership where we exchange manuscripts and help each other out, though again, would prefer it to be YA, because that's the genre I know best. It also would be nice to have help on synopsis or query letters, publishing stuff, because I've had no luck there, but unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to reciprocate there, because the more I read about it, the more I fear I'm trapped in some kind of Zeno's Paradox where the more I try, the further I get from my target.

Anyway, if interested, PM me and will figure things out from there.

@LeaLately

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, if you haven't found anyone, I'd be interested in swapping with you. My novel is a 68k YA sci-fi/dystopia. PM me and we can swap the first few chapters to see if we are a good fit!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.