Battlebots

Vampirequeen

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone else a fan? If so, how long have you been watching it and who do you want to see win in 2016?

I remember watching it when I was little, but then whatever channel it was on stopped showing it and I forgot about it until I saw commercials for last season's series and remembered that I used to watch it. My dad would watch it with me, so for the past 2 seasons when it was on ABC, we'd watch it together.

I want to see Overhaul win this year, but I feel like Tombstone will end up winning.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I don't watch it enough to have a favorite, but my son (who is not quite eight) watches it. He likes it, but most of the bots he really liked have been getting eliminated which frustrates him. (So I don't know if he'll watch all the way through to the finale or not.)

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't watch it enough to have a favorite, but my son (who is not quite eight) watches it. He likes it, but most of the bots he really liked have been getting eliminated which frustrates him. (So I don't know if he'll watch all the way through to the finale or not.)

The mom in me says, start a conversation with him on where he thinks his favorite went wrong. Change the subject off of instant love for a character and onto the topic of robotics.

Vampirequeen

Registered
Reaction score
The mom in me says, start a conversation with him on where he thinks his favorite went wrong. Change the subject off of instant love for a character and onto the topic of robotics.

I agree with this. My dad and I talk about strategies and what teams are or aren't doing and what they could do better.

What did everyone think about last night's fights? Now that Overhaul is out (if that needs to be put in a spoiler, I apologize and will put it in one if someone asks me to), I'm rooting for Mega Tento and Chomp, even though they might not win if they come up against Tombstone.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
The Mega Tento match was intense. Also thought the addition of the rake as a drone-swatter by Hyper Force (?) was really cool. (My son thought the rake was silly because it was a rake so we had a brief discussion about how engineers solve problems.)

I did almost punch the TV when the female commentator said she hoped Mega Tento won because "It's just so pretty! I don't want to see it messed up."

Aggy, shaking her feminist fist

Vampirequeen

Registered
Reaction score
The Mega Tento match was intense. Also thought the addition of the rake as a drone-swatter by Hyper Force (?) was really cool. (My son thought the rake was silly because it was a rake so we had a brief discussion about how engineers solve problems.)

I did almost punch the TV when the female commentator said she hoped Mega Tento won because "It's just so pretty! I don't want to see it messed up."

Aggy, shaking her feminist fist

I forgot about the rake. That was brilliant! I think I heard that that team might be facing another bot with a drone in the next round, so if that's the case, they should definitely keep the rake on. I might be rooting for that team for the rest of the season if Chomp and Mega Tento lose. I'm glad the spinner was moved to the outside of Mega Tento so everyone could see what it did.

Also, why do I keep forgetting about Warhead? Its last fight was awesome.

Vampirequeen

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for double posting, but what did everyone think about last night's show? 2 more of my recent picks are out so all I can do is hope that Mega Tento and/or Chomp pulls off something miraculous. If not, I'd like to see Bronco win. I liked how they put the wedge on and still used their flipper from the back.

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
Necroposting to see if anyone is excited for the new season coming up in a few weeks? :D

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
Discovery and the Science Channel, starting Friday, May 11 at 8 p.m. I think the actual competition wrapped up last week.