Women of The West

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinky_dau

Cowabunga!
Registered
Reaction score
Droll replies. But the title of the thread is 'women of the west'. Western fiction is a genre; filled with genre tropes.
You wouldn't write a female western character with a snarky, 'internet era' mindset.

dinky_dau

Cowabunga!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, men are idiots. No one's denying that. Still, we did send a rocket to the moon.

dinky_dau

Cowabunga!
Registered
Reaction score
Aye. And it's a long time since I've seen so many determined 'snowflakes' trickling down from the sky. Everybody is unique and no one shares any similarities to anyone else in the world. That's the mindset of today, but the OP is writing a western novel.

Last edited:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Aye. And it's a long time since I've seen so many determined 'snowflakes' trickling down from the sky. Everybody is unique and no one shares any similarities to anyone else in the world. That's the mindset of today, but the OP is writing a western novel.
Actually, I think you're mistaking "snowflakes" with people who are fed up with the stereotypes posted in your earlier response. A whole bunch of women spoke up, and you should've listened and thought about what you said.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Everybody is unique and no one shares any similarities to anyone else in the world. That's the mindset of today, but the OP is writing a western novel.
This is true, and if the OP returns and wants the thread re-opened, they only have to ask, it's drifted 'way out to sea, my bad for allowing this.

-Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.