• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] The Roman Group (Nicholas Roman Lewis)

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
hey all... anyone with experience on response times for partials from Mr. Lewis? He requested 3 chapters back on the 22nd of Dec but nothing since. Considering holidays, I'm not too worried but I might consider a prompting email in the coming week or two.

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
Still no word on my partial. I know he takes time to read partials but this is from mid-Dec and still nothing. Sent an email a few weeks back to check on the status... nothing. Maybe he just has a deep backlog but I am coming up on 3 months.

Ty.D.

Registered
Reaction score
I'm noticing that a lot of people have had partial requests. Should I take it as a good sign that he asked to read the full manuscript or am I reading into this too much?

Has anybody had more recent experience with this agency?

P.S. I've had several full requests from various agencies and no partial requests, which seems weird to me... Perhaps it is because my book is short?

Madame Butterfly

Registered
Reaction score
Still waiting on my partial as well.

He requested a partial from me on the last week of September, but told me to send it in a few weeks as he was backlogged at the time. I sent the partial (along with a reminder, of course) in mid-October. Still haven't heard from him, and am thinking of following up by the end of this month.

I looked at the comments on his QueryTracker profile and apparently, a lot of other people are in the same boat as well - meaning, they too had sent partials in October, and are still waiting.

jasonluthor

Registered
Reaction score
Been a while. There are varying reports on Mr. Lewis here. My recent experience is I queried on 8/1, got a partial request the same day, so maybe if he's really into your stuff he gets back right away. Mailed it in on 8/2. Got positive feedback from him, said he was really engaged by the first few pages of the material and got a full manuscript request, which I mailed in on 8/3.

He said wait about a month, until right after Labor Day, before following up with him as he was going on vacation. So my stomach hurts right now.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Anyone know how to query this agent? Querytracker says he takes SF and F and has an e-mail, and publisher's marketplace lists some recent sales to markets like Tor and Orbit, but he has no website, and I can find no instructions on the web. Anyone have any experience querying or working with him recently?

Last edited:

F.L.N

The Old Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know how to query this agent? Querytracker says he takes SF and F and has an e-mail, and publisher's marketplace lists some recent sales to markets like Tor and Orbit, but he has no website, and I can find no instructions on the web. Anyone have any experience querying or working with him recently?

Querytracker shows: [email protected]