I hate revision!!!

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the nitpicking aspects of self-editing, but re-visioning—golly, I love that! The story begins to unfurl, petal-by-petal. It grows and expands and comes closer and closer to the story I had told myself in my head.

AielloJ1

Registered
Reaction score
It's the best part for me as I feel the story really really develops from something I'm happy with, to something I think is beyond what I could have hoped. However, I also have a problem with not knowing when to stop. I could go back to a story and revisit and revision forever. So at some point I just have to be like, DONE!

mafiaking1936

Nihil debetur. Nihil debens.
Registered
Reaction score
Don't know if it counts as revision, but I'm a compulsive tinkerer. Every single time I read anything I've written I'll change something, usually something tiny- move a comma, change two words, combine paragraphs. It's maddening because I always think 'Aha! Now it's perfect. If only I'd done this before it wouldn't have been rejected!' I don't enjoy it but I can't stop.

LittleSimon

Registered
Reaction score
I happen to hate the cleaning-up stage of writing, and I can only do it for a extremely short period of time, or else I go bloomin crazy.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I don't usually know what's actually important about a story until I reach the end. At that point, I'm practically giddy with anticipation of going back through and filling in the details, paring out the bad bits and making it perfect.

What I don't like is after someone has read the story and gives me perfectly valid feedback. You know, when I know they're right and the story would be so much better if I went in and made this change or that? Those edits always get put off until just before I'm ready to submit.