Euros '16

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Plenty of good stuff so far. Belgium has all the talent but can't get their heads straight, England looks good, then surrenders a late goal and drops two points, German is still Germany, Spain is still Spain, and France overcomes some nerves with a moment of Payet brilliance. And then there's Wales...

There's also this: http://www.espnfc.com/european-cham...ended-disqualification-for-euro-2016-violence

Russia have been fined €150,000 and handed a suspended disqualification from Euro 2016 over crowd disturbances at the game against England in Marseille on Saturday, UEFA has announced.

The Russian Football Union (RFU) was charged in relation to offences of crowd disturbances, use of fireworks and racist behaviour inside the Stade Velodrome on Saturday, where the Group B match against England ended in a 1-1 draw.

Anyway, who are you pulling for? Who do you think will win?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Germany/France final. England lose in round of 8

VeryBigBeard

Preparing for winter
Registered
Reaction score
Cuneyt Cakir for the final. Clattenburg does well on a semi assuming England go out. Turpin's surprised me nicely so far.

I cheer for the referees. I realize this is probably infuriating to everyone else.

The games have been good, though. I always like the Euros. The players come to play even if they're exhausted from the ridiculously long club season and even with the expanded field the quality at the Euros always seems to be high.

I was ever so happy to see Iceland hold Portugal to a draw. Ronaldo's whining afterwards was priceless.

Last edited:

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Clattenburg did well today. He made the right call on the penalty at the end of the game.

Really, I haven't seen much to complain about from the refs. They're doing a good job not buying the dives in the box.

VeryBigBeard

Preparing for winter
Registered
Reaction score
I have to admit that was slightly cathartic. And totally apt, especially given the horrendous goalkeeping error on the second goal. Welcome to a long line of semi-distinguished England keepers who whiffed in a major tournament, Joe. You're in good company.

I may have to revise my ref predictions, though. Cakir is good but he's struck me as slightly off the past couple games, especially Italy - Spain. It'll probably be Clatts now that England is out.