Terrorist stops at cop's home for a drink.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Yeah, you read that right. I don't regularly share or discuss the weekly quid pro quo of cowardly terrorist attacks versus crass violations against humanity, but this thing here... There was a terrorist attack in Tel Aviv, mass shooting. Three dead.

The terrorist, who was unarmed, remained with the policeman's wife and children at home. When the officer reached the scene and received a briefing, he realized that the man he had admitted into his home was one of the terrorist and ran back with other officers.
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.724184

A terrorist went and asked one of the people he hates enough to kill, for a cup of water after the fact, and sat with his family all cozy. The nerve left me speechless for a bit there. And I'm never speechless. Like WTF. Imagine you arrive to the scene of a mass shooting only to hear that you left the killer alone with your wife and child.

Also, another officer accidentally shot himself putting his weapon away.

This region is a clusterfuck. I've lost all hope.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.724184

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Yeah, you read that right. I don't regularly share or discuss the weekly quid pro quo of cowardly terrorist attacks versus crass violations against humanity, but this thing here... There was a terrorist attack in Tel Aviv, mass shooting. Three dead.

A terrorist went and asked one of the people he hates enough to kill, for a cup of water after the fact, and sat with his family all cozy. The nerve left me speechless for a bit there. And I'm never speechless. Like WTF. Imagine you arrive to the scene of a mass shooting only to hear that you left the killer alone with your wife and child.

Really makes you wonder at the motivation, if (at least some of) the terrorists themselves don't understand what they're doing or why they're doing it. He did what he'd been told to do, then he figured he needed a drink, and somehow didn't connect his actions with the people he asked. Which leads me to suspect that the forces behind a lot of this trouble are motivated more by politics and greed than by the propaganda they're feeding the disposable foot soldiers. (But what else is new?)

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Really makes you wonder at the motivation, if (at least some of) the terrorists themselves don't understand what they're doing or why they're doing it. He did what he'd been told to do, then he figured he needed a drink, and somehow didn't connect his actions with the people he asked. Which leads me to suspect that the forces behind a lot of this trouble are motivated more by politics and greed than by the propaganda they're feeding the disposable foot soldiers. (But what else is new?)
I haven't really read up on it, but it seems the shooters were heavily influenced by Hamas while acting autonomously. It's just a sick ping pong game, Israel brutalizes Palestinians, Palestinians kill random Israelis, and so on. There's no sense to it, just mutual abuse. Neither side is going to achieve their supposed goals this way.