Nudging?

EndlessDestiny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashlynwriting.tumblrcom
A little while ago, an agent who read my full offered to send me some notes. A revise and resubmit? I've gone through the MS in the meantime, fixed some things up, and added a some words. It's been over a month since the email from the agent. Should I send an email back (since she has yet to send notes) saying that I've made some revisions?

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
I'd wait the standard three months before nudging, and also just take it for granted that you might/probably will receive notes on the older version. When/if you nudge, I'd say that you've made changes in case she hasn't started commenting yet.

ClockPrince

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in a situation similar to yours, EndlessDestiny. Three days ago, an agent who's read my full offered to send me her notes. Some time after sending her my full, I started a list of tweaks that I want to make to my manuscript, but I haven't made them yet.

I haven't received the agent's notes yet, and I know it's WAY too early for me to nudge. But in your case, I agree that you should probably wait at least three months before nudging. My guess is that this agent is currently busy with some client work, or is re-reading through your manuscript so they can make note of everything they think you should revise.

I don't think you should email the agent about having made revisions. I think you should just wait until she emails you her notes, apply whatever changes you agree with, and send your revised manuscript back to her. Then you can mention to her that you've made some revisions of your own (if you want, but I don't think you have to since I'm sure she'll notice them). I plan on only mentioning the changes I make on my own if they're (1) major revisions and/or (2) oppose a change that she suggested.

Congrats on making it this far! And good luck!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. The agent offered to send notes, but didn't actually do so at the time? Did you answer in the affirmative at the time?

EndlessDestiny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
She asked if I was interested and I said yes. If I don't give a nudge at some point, after having not gotten the notes, then I'd have to write it off as a rejection. A nudge mentioning edits seemed like the best way to kind of keep me in mind.

EndlessDestiny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Also wondering if I should nudge three other agents who have my fulls to let them know I've revised it since. One was kind enough to tell me straight off that he was backlogged and it would take a while to get to it, the other just said she was looking forward to reading it. Both were back in February.

As for the the one with the notes, how should I consider the time frame? With or without weekends and holidays? It's a very different time waited depending on which one I go with.

Last edited: