Twine

Status
Not open for further replies.

L. OBrien

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writingradically.wordpress.com
I've just discovered Twine (a platform for creating interactive fiction that beats the crap out of Inform 7). I'm just beginning to mess around with it, and I was wondering if anyone could share pointers and/or general considerations for creating interactive fiction.

Also, I've noticed that wordpress can't host Twine games. If anyone has recommendations about places I could put my games without starting a whole new website, that would be much appreciated.

dragonfliet

Registered
Reaction score
Twine is a fantastic, fantastic system. The biggest pointers would be to take advantage of what Twine does well. For straight up interactive fiction, something like Inklewriter is probably better (it's certainly prettier), but Twine allows for variables and calculations (for instance, if I have a detective shoot, I can give him a 20% chance to hit the target AND I can have the game remember how many bullets are left---I can even have it check how many bullets are left and change an image in the bottom left corner of the screen so it appears like a huds up display).

Which is to say: there are lots of great tools, so start prodding and seeing how you can use them!

While you USED to be able to host twine games from google drive and dropbox, all of those options are gone now, but you can upload them for free through http://www.philome.la/

Good luck and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.