P.N. Elrod Editing and Critique

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Looks like she's changing things again. Her Facebook posts on her personal page say she's trying to get a separate editing site from her author website.

Right now all she has is a Facebook page for "Elrod Editing." https://www.facebook.com/elrodediting/

Rates for feedback services are based on word count, but still within her previous prices.

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
New update! I wonder what a "Consulting Editor" is?

https://www.facebook.com/elrodediting/
From her Facebook page: "Consulting editor: For works that are completed, but in need of the kind of in-depth feedback only another writer can offer. It is not developmental editing, but rather a single one-stop, "What's going on with this story!" Think of it as feedback on steroids."

Harlequin

Eat books, not brains!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunyidean.com
All members of my private online critique group did this last year.

One cp got praise; she's now agented and going on sub. One got a heavy dose of criticism. I... Got refunded ;-)

But the feedback was valuable and with a year f time, has proven prophetic (given that the ms she evaluated was good, will likely see publication).

Also, I did it again this year (because the feedback was good, despite the refund) and had much better feedback. Always worth knowing you have improved.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Elrod is back and offering a "special" from her Facebook page.

She's apparently deactivated her website and shifted all her "Pro's Tips" to her "P.N. Elrod - Vampwriter" page there in her "Notes" section.

This is her Editing business page and the special is feedback on 1000 words for ten bucks.

This week's special:

Quickie Feedback on your opening pages!

$10.00 via Paypal on the first 1000 words.

Find out what an acquisition editor or agent sees when they read your words.

Send .doc file to [email protected] with the header "Quickie feedback - (genre)

.DOC files ONLY! My software cannot read .docx.

Pay the invoice and I write a crit, giving you what you'd hear in one of my workshops.

If the piece isn't ready for a crit? No charge. You guys know I'm wired that way. :D

No kid lit, no flash fiction. I do not have experience in those forms.

Last edited:

litdawg

Helping those who help themselves
Registered
Reaction score
That's a great deal! Ten bucks for feedback on a thousand words? And to think I've spent the labor equivalent of about $1,200 posting critiques on AW to reach 50 posts to get such feedback for free. [chuckles playfully given that I like the community here]

I certainly wouldn't have submitted to her without an endorsement here. Thanks!

litdawg

Helping those who help themselves
Registered
Reaction score
Holy Toledo--sixteen hours between submission and voluminous response! I'm now circulating my endorsement of her services on other platforms. Great, blunt feedback, much of which I can incorporate elsewhere.

TSJohnson

Registered
Reaction score
I cannot recommend those brick critiques enough, having done them twice. Glad to see a return of them.

That's great to know Harlequin, thanks for that.

Are they quite affordable? For a normal fantasy ms (100k), you are paying a few hundred rather than 1500+? (If you're not comfortable sharing that, please disregard the question)

TSJohnson

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, I mean the 10 bucks ones :)

I'd have loved her for an editor, based on the "short" critiques (which were brutal but fair) but sadly could not afford the full thing.

Ah gotcha, sorry, I misunderstood you.

And I must agree, her crits are brutal, but on the point, fair, and fast(!) - I do recommend her as well.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Her "special" of a quickie crit of 1000 words for 10 bucks ends on the 21st.

But if that doesn't suit, she has a TON of free writing tips in the "notes" section on her FB author's wall.

Sorry, I can't seem to put in a direct address, it's too long, but a search for "P.N. Elrod - Vampwriter" will get you there.

The link for NOTES is on the left side of the screen on my laptop, I don't know where it shows on a pad or phone. Safe for work, some keyboard protection may be needed though.