• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

76K YA Fantasy + alt history - Seeking Beta Reader (s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RitznRubble

Registered
Reaction score
UPDATED: No longer looking for betas/exchanges. Thanks for all the responses :)

Hi all,

I'm looking for some beta readers for my finished YA, Fantasy Novel, complete at 76K words. I'd also be willing/looking to beta read for someone also writing in the genre if they'd want to do a sort of an exchange. Specifically, I'm looking for someone who likes light fantasy, nothing like lord of the rings or anything but more along the lines of the Winner's Kiss series. I'd prefer if the reader was very familiar with YA books, but that's just a small preference :). Also, if you're interested, please PM me!

Here's the blurb:

Before the fire, fifteen year old NIMBLE had always dreamed of leaving the Coops—the holding cells where young girls were raised until their sixteenth harvest, when they were released into society to work in either a factory or breed in a farm. She yearned to live outside of its gates, to work in one of the capital cities, earning her own wage and building machines instead of feeding them. But then the flames break out, and her dreams are turned to dust.

In a fiery breath, they consume everything in their path: from the birdlike creatures that stalk the Coops and the mad scientists who run its facilities, to the girls who operate it. None of them survive—not even NIMBLE, who awakes in the aftermath of the fire with a circuit in her chest and the ability to control the flames that killed her family.

Now NIMBLE must venture into a world in turmoil, where Alchemists and the Tribes are on the brink of war, and magic like hers could get a girl killed. On her journey, she meets a thief with an agenda, a duchess with a dark secret, and a soldier whose alliance and intentions are all in question. As NIMBLE becomes entangled in a quest to find a lost Queen and a missing stone, she must come to terms with her newfound powers—powers that might just kill her.

I'm looking for general feedback on the story. Basic things like character, pacing, plot and the logic of the world. Thanks so much for your time, and if you do agree, I would send it probably chapter by chapter, with a few questions after everyone for you to input your feedback. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.