If You Have an Offer-Etiquette-Romance Epub

roxannex

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!
I got an offer very quickly for a romance ebook from a publisher I like. Yay!!! I was surprised! But I had sent it out to a few other places too, and I like those places too. I know etiquette demands that I either...

1. Write back those publishers and say thanks but I am going with this other publisher
or....
2. Write back those publishers and give them time to respond with an offer if they like the book

This publisher is a little smaller than a few of the others, but still seems to be well-respected in the industry. I certainly would not want to offend them. I also don't have a contract yet. If I write to the other publishers, I would need to give a time frame. What would be acceptable? And then do I let this publisher know I letting the other publishers have time to respond? Ackkkk! Good problems I did not expect to have! Help, please!!!! :)

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I like number 2. Give the other publishers the chance to offer, why not? Also you don't have to rush into an acceptance with the current publisher. Thank them, tell them you're going to take some time to think about their offer, and then follow up with the other publishers.

I mean, with agents and the Big 5 books can go to auction, and I definitely know from personal experience that one offer means getting in touch with all the others in just such a way. Why should small presses be any different?

Good luck! And congratulations!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Toothpaste here too. I would let the others know first before making any kind of decisions.

Good Luck!!!