AprNoWriMo 2016 - Campers & Non-Campers Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a blowy, warm evening outside as March comes to an end, uncertain as to whether it wants to exit as a lion or a lamb. That means it's time to make our April goals and prepare to cheer our fellow writers on! Those who are participating in Camp NaNo are welcome to report on their progress, as are those who aren't Camping this year.

I'll get us started:

1) Finish rough draft of Book #3 in my fantasy series
2) Revise manuscript of Book #2 in series(my Camp goal)
3) Read three books

I'm taking it easy on myself since Goals 1 and 2 are whoppers, and I will also be starting work on my next show mid-month, which will cut into my writing time considerably. I'll have to be really productive during the first two weeks of the month!

Last edited:

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
I'm camping (my cabin's a local one). So my main goal is to get the 60,000 words I still need to edit of my main sci-fi manuscript done, and if I do that, then I'll start on Book 2. That's it for this month. I think it's enough.

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've not yet done Camp NaNo (only 'regular' NaNo - not that it ever feels regular!). I'm strongly tempted to do my own literal version - which would involve setting up my tent in our garden, and heading out there each day with a notebook/all other resources and supplies as required. That's kind of silly, though, right? I may do it anyway. :) Though I wouldn't sleep out there at night. It's still not very warm here yet and I don't want to get harassed by feral badgers, wererabbits, etc etc.

My main goal for Camp (indoors or out, online or not) will be to corral my ideas, chapters and scenes from existing drafts, and establish what I still need. Everything's got terribly disorganised as my book keeps, er, evolving. And then ideally I'd like to keep writing to fill in the gaps, so to speak, but that depends on how big the gaps are, and is more of a bonus goal for April.

I'm attending an evening masterclass run by one of my favourite agents in late May, and I really want to attend knowing there's a full MS on my computer at home (not counting the ones I wrote and discarded!), so then I can feel like a Proper Writer Who Writes Down Words And Everything. :D

Happy camping!

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I'm doing CampNaNo! Excited about it.

1) Write 30k (CampNaNo Goal)
2) Read three books
3) Continue singing lessons
4) Get back to the gym, lift heavy things
5) Finally get a blimmin' massage.
6) (Near end of month.) Try Hatha yoga for the first time.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
2 first drafts, one is heavily outlined... and I've been sitting on it and every time I write garbage comes out of my fingers.... so that bloody thing must finally turn into a rough draft from my outline.

And the Camp project, should hopefully turn into a rough draft as well.

And some reading please :)

Otherwise, learn my languages, train the dogs, and train myself by running more regularly. A lot of plans for April.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
1. Finish editing two books.
2. Finish writing two rough drafts.
3. Submit two stories.
4. Read two books.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I've not yet done Camp NaNo (only 'regular' NaNo - not that it ever feels regular!). I'm strongly tempted to do my own literal version - which would involve setting up my tent in our garden, and heading out there each day with a notebook/all other resources and supplies as required. That's kind of silly, though, right? I may do it anyway. :) Though I wouldn't sleep out there at night. It's still not very warm here yet and I don't want to get harassed by feral badgers, wererabbits, etc etc.

I love this idea! Every year I say I'll take advantage of a camp month and do more writing stuff outdoors. Unfortunately, April isn't really a warm month around here!

April Goals:
  • 20K or finish WIP
  • Send 3 queries (I really just want to sit on my hands and wait for the full to come back.)
  • Bottle the wine or figure out bulk aging
  • Survive three more days of robotics competitions
  • Email the realtor (<-- pure crazy talk)

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I've not yet done Camp NaNo (only 'regular' NaNo - not that it ever feels regular!). I'm strongly tempted to do my own literal version - which would involve setting up my tent in our garden, and heading out there each day with a notebook/all other resources and supplies as required.

I think you should absolutely do that :)

Right, time to figure out what I want to do.

April Goals:

• Complete a draft of my Camp NaNo project
  • Train and try out Dragon Dictate
  • Run 10K
Constant Goals:

• Continue to work on getting writing in earlier in the day
  • Work on shifting wake-up & go-to-sleep times
  • Catch up on Marvel shows (Jessica Jones, Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil S2. I am so far behind! :cry:)
  • Keep writing streak going (3/12 months so far)

Ancoelle

Registered
Reaction score
This is my first Camp NaNo, so pumped!

1. Write 15k words to get my fantasy WIP up to 60k total (Camp goal)
2. Read three books
3. Start outlining book 2 of the WIP (both excited and scared about this, it's going to require a lot more worldbuilding and that always takes me forever)
4. Write in my five-year diary every day (trying to start this habit to help myself see the progress I make on my WIP so I stop getting discouraged)

Last edited:

Greene

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing Camp NaNo this year, for the second time. I had a lot of fun last time.

My April goals:

1) Write 30,000 words of my next novel.
2) Make it to rewrites on the novel I'm currently revising.
3) Read 5 books.

Every year I say I'll take advantage of a camp month and do more writing stuff outdoors. Unfortunately, April isn't really a warm month around here!

Sometimes I'm really grateful to live in the Texas Hill Country. April is consistently 80 and breezy, with a neverending sea of wildflowers. My favorite time of year anywhere. :)

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Hey Ever-body! I am an oldie but not a goodie round these parts... haven't been a regular poster in forever because I haven't been writing, but I have determined to change this!

I'm not "official" with the Camp NaNo as I'm not on the site for this Camp - I'm not in a cabin, I mean - I'm editing/revising/reworking an old novel to try and get it ready for subbing. I did work a solid 2 hours of BIC yesterday and the goal is the same today.

Go campers! :)

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
I am not Camping (nor camping, unfortunately, which would be lovely), but I am going to try for a better month than I have been having.

1. Edit four chapters book 2 - I've been struggling a little on the 'what's the point?' phase with this one, but I'm still chugging away.
2. Edit/fix two shorts - already started on one so that's good. It's near to being flash though, and if the second is also flash I'll have to make sure I do at least three.
3. Finish writing something - I've been doing lots of spurts of bits and pieces and millions of starts.
4a. Agent List
4b. Send more queries.
5. Read four books.
6. Min 500 words or 2 pages per day.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Ever-body! I am an oldie but not a goodie round these parts... haven't been a regular poster in forever because I haven't been writing, but I have determined to change this!

I'm not "official" with the Camp NaNo as I'm not on the site for this Camp - I'm not in a cabin, I mean - I'm editing/revising/reworking an old novel to try and get it ready for subbing. I did work a solid 2 hours of BIC yesterday and the goal is the same today.

Go campers! :)

You can still join camp if your goal is revising. That's what I did last Camp. :) There's still room in Cabin 2.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
I hate writing queries. I've rewritten this one so many times and it still doesn't work. I already know that if I send it to QLH, it will get shredded.

Bleh.

tiakall

*lurk*
Registered
Reaction score
My goal is 60k (which is about what I think I'll need to finish the novel-length, short story, and very short story I currently have on my plate.) I'm currently sitting at 3k. Blehhhh >_<

SunshineyDay

Registered
Reaction score
I'm strongly tempted to do my own literal version - which would involve setting up my tent in our garden, and heading out there each day with a notebook/all other resources and supplies as required.
Happy camping!

I wish I had a place to camp. That's not silly at all; it sounds lovely! I keep thinking I'll take my story down to the beach with me and work there, but I hate to write longhand, and I cannot fathom trying to keep the sand out of my laptop. I guess I'll keep working at my boring ol' desk. :)

SunshineyDay

Registered
Reaction score
I am doing Camp with a local cabin. I've got a very low goal for myself: 25,000 words. I usually got for 50k during camp, but this is my first year going to school full time, homeschooling, and trying to do Camp. I'd like to hit 50k total in my WIP, a YA sci-fi novel that's haunting me from its unfinished state at just under 30k. We'll see what happens! Happy camping, everyone!

ahpinhed

Registered
Reaction score
REWRITE

What kind of novel are you doing rewrites to?

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
I am doing Camp with a local cabin. I've got a very low goal for myself: 25,000 words. I usually got for 50k during camp, but this is my first year going to school full time, homeschooling, and trying to do Camp. I'd like to hit 50k total in my WIP, a YA sci-fi novel that's haunting me from its unfinished state at just under 30k. We'll see what happens! Happy camping, everyone!

Even if you're with another camp, we're happy to have you join us here.

ahpinhed

Registered
Reaction score
Hey enthusiasm partner, finished with the first paragraph. You're going to do fine!

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Weekly check-in!
April Goals:

• Complete a draft of my Camp NaNo project (Going well. It may be shorter than I expected, so my target word count may drop at some point here.)
  • Train and try out Dragon Dictate
  • Run 10K (Up to 7.5, with 10 schedule for Sunday.)
Constant Goals:

• Continue to work on getting writing in earlier in the day (I've had a black-slide on this one. Not sure why.)
  • Work on shifting wake-up & go-to-sleep times (Ditto.)
  • Catch up on Marvel shows (Jessica Jones, Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil S2. I am so far behind! :cry:)
  • Keep writing streak going (3/12 months so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.