Any singaporeans?

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
There are, or there have been in the past. There are at least two other Singapore threads that I know of.

The husband and I lived in Singapore for a couple of years, but we're not there any more.

xbriannova

Registered
Reaction score
Hope I'm not late to the party, but you've got another Singaporean right here!

xbriannova

Registered
Reaction score
I guess it's expected that so few of us Singaporeans are here.

EDIT: I'll leave a little explanation here as an after-thought. Wouldn't want to discourage my fellow citizens.

We have a government that routinely attacks writers of all mediums and stripes - Don't let them tell us what to say and what not to say!

We are a small country - But we should follow the Scandanivian countries' model and maximise the potential of each of us!

We are multi-lingual - So English speakers, much less English writers, fill a smaller part of an already small pie chart.

Most of us put our hearts elsewhere - We're a country full of salarymen, businessmen and civil servants. Art doesn't figure for almost all of us.

That said, I'm hoping more of you will join me in this crusade to bring life to this literary wasteland!

Last edited:

Phoenix Lawson

Registered
Reaction score
Not a Singaporean, I'm afraid. But I'm on the other side of the causeway, a Malaysian. Hope you don't mind haha. I have relatives over there so I've visited Singapore many times before. It's a nice country.

stephen284362

Registered
Reaction score
Not Singapore but live in the Lion City (yes, I'm an Ang Mo!!). Seems to be a strong writing community here.

Teckmeister

Registered
Reaction score
I think I arrived too late? Or not?

Are there still any Singaporeans hanging around?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
There are several, but they may or may not want to identify themselves.