Deleting Messages from Inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to delete messages from my Inbox. The only option I find is to empty the folder. The answer must be staring me in the face, but I do NOT see it. Can anybody point it out to me?

Thanks.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There should be checkboxes over to the right. Check the ones you want to delete, then go to the bottom and select the option you want (in this case, to delete). You have the choice of checking off individual message or groups of messages by selecting the checkbox at the top of each group.

Last edited:

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks alleycat. It was the "options" I couldn't find. They seem very hidden. Guess I need a pop up box that slaps me in the face. :)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Click Notifications
Click the Inbox folder in the sidebar on the left
Select the messages you wish to delete by clicking the check box to the right of the message(s); the very first check box will select all messages.
Scroll to the bottom of the page; there's a pop-up menu on the bottom right that says Selected Messages
Click the radio button besides Delete.
Click the Proceed button in the popup menu.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Don't forget you also have the option to save private messages before you delete them, scroll down to the bottom of the PM page, look for "Download all Private Messages as:" and select an option, I usually pick Text. PMs will be saved in a big text file, handy if you ever need to reference something later.

-Derek

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Don't forget you also have the option to save private messages before you delete them, scroll down to the bottom of the PM page, look for "Download all Private Messages as:" and select an option, I usually pick Text. PMs will be saved in a big text file, handy if you ever need to reference something later.

-Derek

I never realized I could do this so easily. Thank you -- I'll have to clear out my congested PM box soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.