• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Needed for 185K Fantasy, Purple Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
OK. Here’s the thing. I need a beta reader for my 185K fantasy novel. Yeah, I know it’s a lot to ask. I am going to make it even harder on myself, and say that I want someone I’ve seen around the threads here on AW for a while.

The book is the second in a series. It is a stand-alone, but for one unclosed thread and the last two lines of the book that has one of the MCs thinking of a woman he is trying not to fall in love with.

The setting is 5th century Britain (of a different size and shape than the one with which you are likely familiar). There is no magic, but there are maneating creatures and lots of danger. There is blood and killing, fear and bravery, love and hate, devotion and betrayal.

The story follows three blood-brother friends who try out for a unique and elite guard service. Competition is great, and dealing with the Master of the Purple Hall is challenging, but all three win a place with the Purple Guard. A dreadful mistake then leads to tragedy, and a kidnapping reveals one man’s true character and forces horrific choices on the other two.

Big picture, small picture, whatever you are comfortable with. More than anything, I need a fresh set of eyes that can point out any plot holes I may have missed, oddities, things that just seem off to you. My grammar is good, my commas will never see a blue ribbon, and I find the odd homonym every now and then. If you see these little buggers, and you highlight them that would be lovely. If you don’t want to bother with them, that would be lovely, too.

Will I swap? Sure.

Here's hoping I get a pm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.