• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Oloris Publishing

JayliaDarkness

Stepping through the Shadows
Registered
Reaction score
I looked through the posts, but didn't see one on Oloris. Is anyone familiar with this publishing company?

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Their website is less than informative. They have a large media presence, apparently, but the About page doesn't name the publisher, any editors, etc., which I find off-putting.

Five pages of google results reveal a Toronto location, the publisher to be L. Lara Sookoo, co-founder Julie B. Dobbins, and the magazine Oloris puts out, Silver Leaves, contains the work of both. Must be nice to buy your own stories, huh?

On the plus side, their website is mostly about selling books, not selling authors on how great they are. There's some kind of LOTR connection, although it's not clear exactly what. Maybe if someone were to sign up for their many web presences, that would become clearer.

JayliaDarkness

Stepping through the Shadows
Registered
Reaction score
An illustrator wants me to pair up with him to write a book for Oloris.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Vet him first to see if he's got the skills, and don't do anything on spec... not without a collab contract with him, and preferably one from Oloris. I'm one of the second generation of Tolkien geeks (1970s), so I'm inclined to be favorable. But business is business.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's gone, last book pubbed early '17.