As a TV writer a lot of people asked me to show my Star Wars Episode VIII spec script. I did.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
That's one way to get a writing sample out there, well done for innovation. :) Well done for getting positive reviews and appreciation also.

On a bummer note, preferred maximum image size is 400 x 400, can it be shrunk?

-Derek

retropaw

Registered
Reaction score
it's hosted elsewhere.. so not taking any bandwidth here.. so does it need to?

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
it's hosted elsewhere.. so not taking any bandwidth here.. so does it need to?

Yes, the hosting site doesn't matter when the image is in the post. It still has to use individual's bandwidth to load. There's an FAQ on sizing here.

It's an interesting potential opening. Congrats on going viral. :)

NickIandolo

A Living Synecdoche
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tenthsphere.com
Though it's nice fan fiction, and a good writing exercise, it usually doesn't pay to write a spec script to a property that you do not own the rights to.

The only time it seems to work is if you're trying to get a job in television, which you have. But for features, probably better to write something original that you can pitch.

Of course, there's a lot of new Star Wars side movies being produced now, perhaps an SW spec script might get you a job writing one. As long as you have an agent, and I assume you do, you can get someone at Disney to look at it.

Which is a lot more I can say for 99% of us who neither live in Hollywood nor have an agent!

Last edited: