Hamilton, anyone?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now I feel like David Caruso.

Well, we won't be going back for 3.5 years at the very minimum. :(

Actually, a young guy I work with left for his very first overseas trip a couple of days ago. He's gone to the West Coast (LA, Vegas, San Fran etc). He sent an email when he landed to say he had two entire rows to himself on the flight over. Not sure whether he just got incredibly lucky, or whether there is no one heading to the States at the moment for holidays.

/derail

I have heard that there are a lot of free seats.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I have heard that there are a lot of free seats.

Right after Malaysian Airlines lost MH17 and then MH370 in quick succession, Mr. BF said that he'd still fly Malaysian Airlines without hesitation if they had good deals on airfares. Every time there's an attack somewhere, he shrugs and says he'd still visit in a heartbeat. World Stuff[SUP]TM[/SUP] doesn't bother him at all.

But even he said the other day that there's no way he'd go to America now.

SAD!

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Right after Malaysian Airlines lost MH17 and then MH370 in quick succession, Mr. BF said that he'd still fly Malaysian Airlines without hesitation if they had good deals on airfares. Every time there's an attack somewhere, he shrugs and says he'd still visit in a heartbeat. World Stuff[SUP]TM[/SUP] doesn't bother him at all.

But even he said the other day that there's no way he'd go to America now.

SAD!
Interestingly, ex-mr-mccardey is over there now. But even he has (in the last few months) sold his US properties and renounced his US citizenship. There are, apparently, limits.

vsrenard

Watching the Whales
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanithasankaran.com
OMG.

I have shied away from Hamilton for two years now because I don't care for rap music and I hate over-hyped trends. But then I lucked into tickets to see it at the Kennedy Center while in DC to plan the next Historical Novel Society of North America conference.

Did I say OMG?

I had not listened to the music before. I had not read what part of Hamilton's life the musical would cover. I was hooked after the first song (What's you name, man?).

OMG^infinity

I ordered the soundtrack that night and been listening to it like a madwoman. I bought the book and have started my own analysis of the masterful wordplay, refrains, and themes. As an historical fiction writer, and as Chair of the HNS NA conference, this is totally up my alley.

I can't believe I missed this for two years because of my own unwillingness to try something new.

Just OMG.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
OMG.

I have shied away from Hamilton for two years now because I don't care for rap music and I hate over-hyped trends. But then I lucked into tickets to see it at the Kennedy Center while in DC to plan the next Historical Novel Society of North America conference.

Did I say OMG?

I had not listened to the music before. I had not read what part of Hamilton's life the musical would cover. I was hooked after the first song (What's you name, man?).

OMG^infinity

I ordered the soundtrack that night and been listening to it like a madwoman. I bought the book and have started my own analysis of the masterful wordplay, refrains, and themes. As an historical fiction writer, and as Chair of the HNS NA conference, this is totally up my alley.

I can't believe I missed this for two years because of my own unwillingness to try something new.

Just OMG.

WELCOME TO THE CULT.

I, too, was skeptical, not liking rap at all, liking hip-hop only a little, and being just-this-side-of-okay with musical theater. The hype was, at that time, at a point where I was interested but not put off by the Hype Machine. It took me a little while to warm to it on first listen, but when we hit You'll Be Back, I was like, Yeah, this is genius.

Incidentally, I plan to be at the HNS conference since I'm a member and it's just down the road from me.