• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wandering Pages Press

pinkbowvintage

♔
Registered
Reaction score
They recently followed my Twitter. They're a brand new operation, and I'm interested to see how they pan out.

I thought I'd start up a thread in case anyone comes searching for information about them, or has any info to offer.

https://twitter.com/WanderingPage

"We are a new full service publisher specializing in YA fiction. Website and blog coming soon! Follow for updates! #publishing #blogger #RT"

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Website, such as it is:

http://www.wanderingpagespress.com/

It was registered by Canadian writer Lea McKee:

http://www.authorleamckee.com/

She's the author of the O Negative ebook series, which isn't currently on sale. Something tells me that it will be released through Wandering Pages.

The term "full service publisher" is an unfortunate one. I associate it with vanity presses or the misleadingly named self-publishing companies, but apparently it's also used to describe commercial publishing. There's an interesting discussion about it here:

http://www.rachellegardner.com/full-service-publishers/

Last edited:

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
If you do a Google search on WPP, you'll find a cached version of the page headed, "the best in young adult ebooks". The cache is dated as the 5th of this month. The logo remains the same as on the place-holder page with a couple additional stock (I think) images.

The only other Lea McKee possible match I found was an ebook published through Amazon entitled, "The Wandering Chef (Bare Bones Book 1)". Ms. McKee is listed as the editor, the author isn't given on the Amazon listing, but is listed if you check the "Look Inside" feature--Evan Moller. Reading the forward (all that's available from the peek--not surprising as the book is only 51 pages long), I'm not terribly impressed with the editing. There's a lot of missing punctuation and a few other oddities. Again, whether this is the same Lea McKee, I know not. It's not a terribly common name and the chef is Canadian, as is Ms. McKee, so take it for what it's worth.

pinkbowvintage

♔
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the investigative work, guys. This all sounds very suspect.

Lea McKee

Registered
Reaction score
Hello pinkbowvintage! I was alerted to this thread and thought I should leave a comment with some information on Wandering Pages Press.
As the savvy techies above pointed out, yes my name is Lea McKee and I am the author of the O-Negative book series. Wandering Pages Press was my brainchild, though it is not an endeavor I have undertaken alone and is the result of countless months of planning and hard work by many parties. As aliceshortcake surmised, yes, O-Negative will be among the first titles to be released by our company. We have a great in-house editorial staff, as well as design and marketing teams. As to the other comment, no, I am not an editor, the wandering chef book was written (for fun) by my husband while we were travelling abroad and he listed me as the 'editor'.

Below you will find a bit more information about our company. Any authors who are accepted for publication through WPP are not charged any fees whatsoever, though we do offer services to authors who wish to go it alone. Please note, this is a one time post, and I will likely not be responding to future comments, my sole intent was to address the concerns expressed in this thread. Our website will be up and running in the coming weeks and if there are any more questions, please use our contact form and we will get back to you in a timely manner.

Thank you!

Wandering Pages Press is an independent young adult ebook publisher. We are committed to publishing original, high-quality novels in all genres of teen fiction.

We have a particular interest in works that not only entertain, but challenge the youth of today. Damsels in distress and flowery romances are things of the past. Give us intelligent, strong and brave characters. Show us a gritty, off-beat writing style and a compelling story that makes the pages turn of their own accord. To capture the attention of today’s youth in a world of distractions is no easy task, but it’s not something you need to do alone.

Wandering Pages is a publisher of e-books, but here we also offer services for writers who wish to go it alone. After all, e-book giants such as Amazon and iBooks make it so easy, don’t they? The problem therein lies with the work necessary to get your book past #5391 on it’s respective ‘list.’ That’s were we come in. We offer simple services at affordable prices to make your life easier, they include but are not limited to; editing, cover design, web-design, formatting for ePub and Marketing packages. These services are available for a fee, however if you decide to submit for publication through Wandering Pages and are accepted for publication, all the above services are provided free of charge including a spot in our ‘BOOKS’ page and distribution to Amazon, iBooks, Nook and Kobo. We only keep 15% of royalties, the standard for the industry.

We accept submissions in all genres, though mainly; suspense, historical, dystopia, sci-fi, paranormal and fantasy. Though we thoroughly enjoy novels with a romantic subplot, we do not generally accept works with romance as their main genre. Please see our ‘submissions’ page for guidelines.

Partnerships with traditional publishers are in our future. This will allow us to offer our authors the opportunity to become published in print as well as online with wide distribution channels. At Wandering Pages we firmly believe that e-books are not only the future, they are the present, however as i’m sure you will agree there is something almost magical about feeling of a printed book in your hands. Please check back for more details on this endeavor.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Lea, welcome to the forum and thank you for joining the conversation. (Even if for only one post!) The more good new independent publishers, the more good new books.

Anyone can publish a book, but not everyone can publish well. Publishing well is what authors want. Wandering Pages Press has no track record -- or, indeed, a functioning web site -- so it will be some time before it will be possible to judge whether it can do that. But we can go on the evidence we already have. For example, the publisher's statement is marked by typos and dodgy punctuation and the reference to royalties focuses on what the publisher keeps rather than the amount given to the author.

This is very much a wait and see situation.

Wandering Pages Press is an independent young adult ebook publisher. We are committed to publishing original, high-quality novels in all genres of teen fiction.

We have a particular interest in works that not only entertain, but challenge the youth of today. Damsels in distress and flowery romances are things of the past. Give us intelligent, strong and brave characters. Show us a gritty, off-beat writing style and a compelling story that makes the pages turn of their own accord. To capture the attention of today’s youth in a world of distractions is no easy task, but it’s not something you need to do alone.

Wandering Pages is a publisher of e-books, but here we also offer services for writers who wish to go it alone. After all, e-book giants such as Amazon and iBooks make it so easy, don’t they? The problem therein lies with the work necessary to get your book past #5391 on it’s respective ‘list.’ That’s were we come in. We offer simple services at affordable prices to make your life easier, they include but are not limited to; editing, cover design, web-design, formatting for ePub and Marketing packages. These services are available for a fee, however if you decide to submit for publication through Wandering Pages and are accepted for publication, all the above services are provided free of charge including a spot in our ‘BOOKS’ page and distribution to Amazon, iBooks, Nook and Kobo. We only keep 15% of royalties, the standard for the industry.

We accept submissions in all genres, though mainly; suspense, historical, dystopia, sci-fi, paranormal and fantasy. Though we thoroughly enjoy novels with a romantic subplot, we do not generally accept works with romance as their main genre. Please see our ‘submissions’ page for guidelines.

Partnerships with traditional publishers are in our future. This will allow us to offer our authors the opportunity to become published in print as well as online with wide distribution channels. At Wandering Pages we firmly believe that e-books are not only the future, they are the present, however as i’m sure you will agree there is something almost magical about feeling of a printed book in your hands. Please check back for more details on this endeavor.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Lea, thank you for coming by and being so cordial and forthcoming!

We only keep 15% of royalties, the standard for the industry.

This sounds like she's confusing agent's rates with the way publishers work. Then again, saying that Wandering Pages Press will partner with traditional (but not trade, apparently) publishers in the future makes it appear WPP will be acting as an agent in some ways.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's gone, no sign ever published others.