• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency

MartinaMay

Registered
Reaction score
Thao Lee has a number of big sales and seems like an awesome agent. I'm with Jessica Watterson, whom I adore. I don't think you can go wrong with anyone in this Agency.

FJCavallo

Registered
Reaction score
Anything Recent?

Hey everybody,

The last post in this thread is nearly a year old, I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience with the agency, specifically with respect to reply times on submissions.

I got a request for a full from Jill Marr 8 weeks ago, and sent my manuscript in the same day. I haven't heard anything back yet. I assume they reply to everyone on a full, one way or another. But I can't find any estimate anywhere of the typical response time. I don't want to nudge too soon, but I'd be lying if I said the suspense wasn't killing me at this point :)

Any thoughts?

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
No idea on requests. I queried Thao Le and was R'd the next day.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I got a request for a full from Jill Marr 8 weeks ago, and sent my manuscript in the same day. I haven't heard anything back yet. I assume they reply to everyone on a full, one way or another. But I can't find any estimate anywhere of the typical response time. I don't want to nudge too soon, but I'd be lying if I said the suspense wasn't killing me at this point :)

Any thoughts?

As a general rule, it's always a good idea to wait about three months before nudging, so since you've been waiting 8 weeks, 4 more won't hurt. However, also keep in mind that we're now into summer, and that usually means things slow down for agents. They may be going on vacations with families, or, depending on their genre, attending different events. Science fiction and fantasy agents, for example, will be attending WorldCon in Dublin this summer, so reading tends to get put on the backburner at this time.

I'd say just give it another few weeks, plus, allow for the fact that summer slowdown is a very real thing for agents.

arkady

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone interested in querying Thao le should be aware of this:

"Thank you for your interest in querying me! I am temporarily closed to unsolicited submissions. The form will become available again once I reopen sometime October 2019. Thank you for your patience and cooperation!"

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Just a heads up. Someone is impersonating Sandra Dijkstra on Facebook, offering to sell authors a "query and submission package"

Elise Capron tweeted about it: https://twitter.com/EliseCapron/status/1187764366629920768

If an agent asks for money for their services, run away. In this case, it's an impersonator. Be vigilant while searching for representation. Scammers are out there and sometimes they look like agents who are actually legit.