Is Michael Bloomberg the Anti-Trump?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/michael-bloomberg-may-launch-independent-u-presidential-bid-152658508.html

Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City, has told his aides to draw up plans for an independent campaign for the U.S. presidency, the New York Times reported on Saturday. Bloomberg has advised friends and associates that he would be willing to spend at least $1 billion of his own money on a campaign for the November 2016 election, the Times said, citing sources briefed on the former mayor's thinking.

Is it possible?

Would a Bloomberg presidency be better than a Trump presidency?

Would his running as an independent help or hurt the Democrat's candidate?

(Yeah, I shoulda made a poll.)

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/michael-bloomberg-may-launch-independent-u-presidential-bid-152658508.html

Is it possible? No.

Would a Bloomberg presidency be better than a Trump presidency? No; it might actually be worse. In the Twilight Zone-like world in which Trump was president, I don't think he'd actually be running things. I think he'd delegate all the shit he doesn't understand (read: everything), and bluster. He'd be a nightmare speaking to other world leaders, but I'm pretty sure they'd all realize he's bonkers. Bloomberg is more dangerous in that kind of way, imo. He's a tiny little fascist, in a more realistic way than Trump is.

Would his running as an independent help or hurt the Democrat's candidate? I don't think it'll have any real effect on anything, honestly.

(Yeah, I shoulda made a poll.)

Tiny little nutter.

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
Is it sad that the only thing I got out of that was "I wish I had a billion dollars to throw away on a vanity project that has no chance of success"?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Corny, did you call me a tiny little nutter?

Bwahahahahahaa!!!

And, yeah, it was something to think about, for a little while. Maybe the whole point is to give us false hope, and then dash it.

Dash it.

But, I mean, you know, save the Republican Party from the goofballs. Right? So we can once again pretend there is sanity somewhere in public political discourse?

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
Corny, did you call me a tiny little nutter?

Bwahahahahahaa!!!

And, yeah, it was something to think about, for a little while. Maybe the whole point is to give us false hope, and then dash it.

Dash it.

But, I mean, you know, save the Republican Party from the goofballs. Right? So we can once again pretend there is sanity somewhere in public political discourse?

LOL no!! I was referring to Bloomberg.

Are you using sanity in relation to Michael Bloomberg? The tiny little nutter* is not someone I'd look to for that.

*All epithets herein refer exclusively to despised, teeny little former mayors and not site moderators. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the poster and may or may not be reflected by other members of the box.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL no!! I was referring to Bloomberg.

Are you using sanity in relation to Michael Bloomberg? The tiny little nutter* is not someone I'd look to for that.

*All epithets herein refer exclusively to despised, teeny little former mayors and not site moderators. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the poster and may or may not be reflected by other members of the box.

Well, but don't you think Bloomy is saner (at least in appearance) than Trump?

And please, feel free to call me a tiny little nutter.

I could have taken it as your signature too, you know.

It's a phrase with a certain appeal.

*makes note*

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
Well, but don't you think Bloomy is saner (at least in appearance) than Trump? I thought 'well...' and then totally hesitated. I have no idea. I think he's more sane in a real-world sense, perhaps, or he hides things better. Some of the things he tried to do while mayor, however... look at some of the lawsuits he/his administration lost on Constitutional grounds, nevermind the policies he instituted.

And please, feel free to call me a tiny little nutter.

I could have taken it as your signature too, you know.

It's a phrase with a certain appeal.

*makes note*

:eek:

I am not a nutter like those ... those CLUSTERS.

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
On the other hand, what I'm reading is that Bloomberg would only run if Trump or Cruz wins the Republican nomination (which looks like a decent bet at the moment) and Sanders wins the Democratic nomination (which is a bit more of a longshot). And honestly, I can see how that scenario could open up a plausible situation for Bloomberg as a serious independent candidate. Despite all his personal shortcomings. He could be a candidate nervous moderates would flock to.