Registered
Reaction score

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My brother just texted me:

MASS SHOOTING IN SAN BERNADINO. EARLY REPORTS 20 INJURED 12 DEAD. POSSIBLY MORE THAN ONE SHOOTER WITH LONG RIFLES.

What the fuck is happening?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ino-active-shooter-sought-20151202-story.html

The Inland Regional Center provides services to disabled people and others in need.

The organization's website states: "Inland Regional Center was built on the foundation of three core values – independence, inclusion, and empowerment. In following these core values, we hope to help provide each individual with a service system that helps identify and eliminate barriers for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families so they can closely live a typical lifestyle."

ETA: Three shooters are being sought, according to one article I read.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Welcome to America.

Where at any time, anywhere, someone with a weapon can shoot the place up. Because, ya know, Second Amendment and all.

There's been more than one a day this year. THIS YEAR.

Tell me again about how important it is to have gun ownership. Especially of AK-47's and the like?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Horrible. How do 3 people find each other and think this is a good idea?!

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
Lt. Richard Lawhead told MSNBC the incident is at Inland Regional Center. According to its Facebook page, the Inland Regional Center assists individuals with developmental disabilities. It has nearly 670 staff and provides services to more than 30,200 people.

What fresh hell is this? Who would shoot up a facility like that?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What fresh hell is this? Who would shoot up a facility like that?
I wish I didn't keep thinking of Trump's recent faux pas regarding a disabled person.

screenscope

Registered
Reaction score
Another predictable and indiscriminate shooting by suicidal perpetrators. How is this different to terrorism?

If this is the same as the regular mass US shootings, it will be treated like an isolated incident and quickly dismissed and forgotten by everyone not involved. But if the shooters were 'of middle- eastern appearance' there would be a hugely different response. So much for homeland security.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com

Another predictable and indiscriminate shooting by suicidal perpetrators. How is this different to terrorism?

If this is the same as the regular mass US shootings, it will be treated like an isolated incident and quickly dismissed and forgotten by everyone not involved. But if the shooters were 'of middle- eastern appearance' there would be a hugely different response. So much for homeland security.

I think we're beyond isolated incidents and into the realm of common, day-to-day events. Which is why they get dismissed and forgotten so quickly now.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to America.

Where at any time, anywhere, someone with a weapon can shoot the place up. Because, ya know, Second Amendment and all.

No lie. There Have Been More Mass Shootings in 2015 Than Days of the Year.

Here's the scary thing: This was no "lone wolf" b.s. These guys were strapped to the max and they were on a mission.

That means organization and purpose. What else it means is a serious matter for law enforcement.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

They do not appear to be suicidal, as they booked it away from the scene in a pre-planned manner. If they're caught and surrounded, who knows, but this wasn't people going in expecting not to walk out, or taking people out with them.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I think we're beyond isolated incidents and into the realm of common, day-to-day events. Which is why they get dismissed and forgotten so quickly now.
I don't think that's the only reason they get forgotten. It's also because in the US, the media just isn't allowed to call out right wing, white, christain extremist as extremist.

Last edited:

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
My brother just texted me:

MASS SHOOTING IN SAN BERNADINO. EARLY REPORTS 20 INJURED 12 DEAD. POSSIBLY MORE THAN ONE SHOOTER WITH LONG RIFLES.

What the fuck is happening?

This is what we get when we don't take domestic terrorism seriously.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
A DD Regional Center? I've been to lots and lots of meetings in regional centers. There's nothing controversial going on in them. Maybe it's a workplace shooter with a couple of friends? Struggling to find the political angle that would make it a terrorist event.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
I don't think that's the only reason they get forgotten. It's also because in the US, the media just doesn't seem allowed to call out right wing, white, christain extremist as extremist.

Kind of painting with broad strokes, aren't you? No one has clue one about their political leanings, if any.

ETA: I'm a right-wing Christian, and I've never killed anyone (nor do I plan to).

Last edited:

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Kind of painting with broad strokes, aren't you? No one has clue one about their political leanings, if any.

ETA: I'm a right-wing Christian, and I've never killed anyone (nor do I plan to).

Nope. Shooters of this kind invariably espouse extreme versions of right-wing Christian ideals when questioned on the matter. It is so common that if they were Muslim we would be referring to them as Jihadist, especially if they were Middle Eastern. The least we can do if we aren't going to fix whatever has gone all wacky this year for future generations is to say it like it is. A Christian extremist is no better than a Muslim one.

That said, we don't yet what they're religious/politcal leanings are. But I won't be suprised if that's what they turn out to.

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
At least someone seems to have been found - a well shot-up SUV with what looks like a body in it and a foot pursuit/search in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.