Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
By your own admission you don't know what I'm "trying to accomplish with this" but you do know "arguing what protections Rice should have had is irrelevant?" That kind of makes any attempt of explaining to you "what I'm trying to accomplish with this" really irrelevant.

So I won't waste the time trying. :rolleyes

Sorry for your family troubles. Don't think I needed the info, but if you choose to share it...

As often as you refuse to explain your stances given the excuse "You wouldn't understand it anyway" I'm starting more and more to think you just feel that way and don't have any good reasons for it. Or you're afraid your reasons aren't as good as you like to imagine them to be.

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with this argument. That still stands. Actually, now even more so. My comment about arguing what protections Rice should have had is irrelevant at this point. The point that the state is open-carry is just ONE MORE reason he shouldn't have been gunned down within seconds of the police arriving, with no warning whatsoever.

We already have over a dozen reasons this shouldn't have happened. We know it shouldn't have happened. It's criminal what those officers got away with.

I'm asking what specifically you're trying to accomplish jumping up and down while adding just one more thing to the pile? Hoping each little piece you add might finally be the straw that broke the camel's back?

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As often as you refuse to explain your stances given the excuse "You wouldn't understand it anyway" I'm starting more and more to think you just feel that way and don't have any good reasons for it. Or you're afraid your reasons aren't as good as you like to imagine them to be.

The only thing I'm afraid of is I'm afraid if you don't understand from my two posts yesterday I don't have any good reasons to continue explaining them to you until you do understand them.

ShaunHorton said:
I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with this argument. That still stands. Actually, now even more so.

It doesn't matter that you don't know. That still stands.

ShaunHorton said:
My comment about arguing what protections Rice should have had is irrelevant at this point. The point that the state is open-carry is just ONE MORE reason he shouldn't have been gunned down within seconds of the police arriving, with no warning whatsoever.

We already have over a dozen reasons this shouldn't have happened. We know it shouldn't have happened. It's criminal what those officers got away with.

I'm asking what specifically you're trying to accomplish jumping up and down while adding just one more thing to the pile? Hoping each little piece you add might finally be the straw that broke the camel's back?

Why not? If pointing out the appalling double standards of the 2nd Amendment will break that racist camel's back then break it.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I have a question.

Why is it Don, bombergirl69, Jack Judah, cmhbob and every other advocate for gun rights and the Second Amendment aren't speaking out when a Black youth wielding what appears to be a gun is shot down by the police in a open carry state?

Mr. Judah has made a point that Black Americans are arming themselves with guns. Google images of "White kids with guns" and then tell me why is it a Black boy with a "gun' gets blown away and all the Second Amendment defenders aren't up in arms about it?

American double standard?

Edited to add a contraction and a question mark. Happy, now?

Why? Does open carry apply if a gun is holstered?

That's all very well and good, but it doesn't really answer the question of why Tamir Rice wasn't protected by Ohio's open carry laws. If he wasn't making a threatening gesture or aiming it at passer-byes, why wouldn't Rice be protected by the same sort of laws that protects armed White men in Oregon occupying federal property?

Either the protections of the law extends to everyone or it applies to no one.

The only thing I'm afraid of is I'm afraid if you don't understand from my two posts yesterday I don't have any good reasons to continue explaining them to you until you do understand them.

It doesn't matter that you don't know. That still stands.

Why not? If pointing out the appalling double standards of the 2nd Amendment will break that racist camel's back then break it.

Well, I can google black kids with guns and see quite a few pictures similar to the ones I get of white kids with guns. The question is, has there been an incident of a white kid with a toy gun wandering a park sticking it in people's faces getting 911 called on him? Where the dispatch then neglects to inform the responding officers that the weapon is reported to be a toy? Where the kid then proceeds to reach for the gun as soon as he see's a police vehicle pulling up? I'm not saying you're wrong that a white kid would not be gunned down within seconds, but that's on the responding officers and their attitudes.

As far as the question of WHY Rice wasn't protected by Ohio's open carry laws, that's easy. He was. Or at least he should have been. Again, though, that's on the responding officers that violated his rights. It's not a loophole in the laws. I don't know the exact wording, but I kind of doubt Ohio's open carry law has some kind of clause which makes the law not apply to POC. The laws extend to everyone, despite the way some people who may and/or may not be members of law enforcement act, or wish they didn't.

The 2nd Amendment and open carry laws don't state that they apply only to white people, or that POC face different restrictions. Which is part of what it sounds like you're arguing.

But I guess we'll never know since you refuse to actually elaborate on your thoughts any more than what you've already said.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Mod Note:
We're done here. Folks, this is going to get worse before it gets better. There will be even more reasons to be frustrated and afraid. If we look for them, there will also be reasons for hope and happiness. The web is full of places to exercise your outrage and insults. This is not that place.

I'm going to hope that all of you take a moment to breathe and consider.
Whether you are brand new or you've been here for years, take the time, read the stickies and think for awhile. If, for some reason, you don't think you can work and communicate within them, the rest of the web is there for your exploration.

Status
Not open for further replies.