Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got another 1k words on the WIP, transitioning out of the the semi-climax. It's too long, but I'm gonna keep plugging. Meanwhile, I'm working on two books: a re-read of Harpo Speaks (Harpo Marx's autobiography) and the nonfiction book What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew - for no particular reason but for the pleasure of the read.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Had a real case of the black dog in November, but I'm back in December and ready to kick butt.

My goals:

1: Polish 10k of giant robots novel and synopsis and sub to the AR open door. [6.5k done.]
2: Polish 50 pages and a query and sub to agents. [24/50 done.]
3: Record audio readings of polished chapters as a final polishing. [One down, MANY to go.]
4: Hit 150,000 words for the year. [+6k this month.]
5. Average 500/words a day. [Sorta kinda keeping this up.]
6. Read 5 7 more books before the end of December to hit my reading goal. [AUGH.]

Last edited:

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I did a pretty good job switching my schedule last week, until I blew it by forgetting to set my alarms during the weekend.

Shaky start today, but I'll see if I can get it back on track.

historicaltrek

Registered
Reaction score
From now until the quarter starts up again, write 500 words a day for my historical novel and get started on my sci-fi one.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Goals are simple and giant:

• Finish Nano novel (might not be possible. I think it's a Big Book)
  • Finalize first 25 pages for SK/TSD First 50 done for the moment
  • Finalize synopsis Done for the moment.

I sent my first partial. Like 30 seconds ago.... So that's a thing that happened.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Grats, CoffeeBeans!

I finished the third chapter. I've started another now. I fixed one story. It only turned into minor edits, and it's now as good as it's going to get so I'll send it out until I run out of markets. Working lots of the moment. Not really an excuse for not reading, but I'm remembering how little time there is in the week.

1. Edit three chapters of UF. 3/3
2. Fix/Sub three stories. 1/3
3. Read four books. 1/4
4. Continue agent list. Done a little
5. Min 500 words or 2 pages edited a day. So far so good.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Got my anthology submission done and in on time! It was a bit of a mad rush for me, as I only decided to get a submission done at the 11th hour.

Now I'm taking what I *think* is a deserved break before delving back into my latest WIP!

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Knocked out about another 1200 words on the WIP today - I have two scenes to write before the BEEEEG CLIMAX and I'm about halfway through the first. Also about halfway through What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew.

InBloom

Registered
Reaction score
Goal for December is to finish the work I started in October to get a slight jump on the rest of the NaNoWriMo crowd, which, as you can tell, didn't quite work.

Leema

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to finish my current project by mid-January. That's 60k words to write in a month, but I'm fairly determined. ;)

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Finished the Austen/Dickens book last night, and knocked out about 500 words on the WIP today. So with 13 days left in the month, here's where I stand:

1) Finish rough draft of Book #3 in my fantasy series - making progress
2) Revise manuscript of Book #2 in series - haven't touched it yet
3) Finish MFK Fisher omnibus I'm currently reading DONE
4) Read two additional books - completed 1 of 2

Leema

Registered
Reaction score
My Dec-Jan "NoWriMo" project is coming along well. I'm writing 2.5k per day and am already up to 16k, which is pretty cool. It's not very quality stuff but I knew the editing process for this novel would be strenuous, so I'm just wanting to get it down most importantly right now.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been at my elderly mother's since the 21st, helping her get ready for a houseful of guests (we have a family wedding tomorrow, so the whole clan has been gathering for the past few days). I spent - literally - all day in the kitchen yesterday cooking Christmas dinner for 16 people in my mom's wee little oven. It must have tasted good since there's practically nothing left. This morning I got up early and made spaghetti sauce (one with meat; one without) and have that percolating away in crockpots. This is the first chance I've had to even TURN ON my laptop, so needless to say there's been no progress on the writing front. I did finish another book (I've been reading in bed at night to wind down), so now two goals for December has been achieved.

4) Read two additional booksDONE

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
mrsmig - it sounds like there was much yummy food, even if there was no writing.

I finished a fourth chapter. And a fifth. The short story I've got left is, of course, the one that requires actual work, and while I've done a little on the agent list, I haven't done much. I read A Christmas Carol, so that's another book done. And I still have time, I might get more goals completed!

1. Edit three chapters of UF. 5/3
2. Fix/Sub three stories. 2/3
3. Read four books. 2/4
4. Continue agent list. Done a little
5. Min 500 words or 2 pages edited a day. So far so good.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
1: Polish 10k of giant robots novel and synopsis and sub to the AR open door. [8.5k done out of 10k max. Backburnered.]
2: Polish 50 pages and a query and sub to agents. [31/50 done. Backburnered.]
3: Record audio readings of polished chapters as a final polishing. [Two down, MANY to go. Backburned for the moment.]
4: Hit 150,000 words for the year. [+9.5k this month. 9.5k/13k, gotta hustle. PRIORITY.]
5. Average 500/words a day. [Scrapped this goal, was causing more stress than progress.]
5. Read 7 more books before the end of December to hit my reading goal. [68/70 for the year. Getting there! PRIORITY.]

EDIT: Updated for 28 Dec.

Last edited:

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
It's seemed like a really busy few weeks thanks to holidays and preparation for them.

I'm totally failing at anything involved with mornings, but at least I'm working through the rest of my list for the month :)

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
1: Polish 10k of giant robots novel and synopsis and sub to the AR open door. [COMPLETED]
2: Polish 50 pages and a query and sub to agents. [COMPLETED.]
3: Record audio readings of polished chapters as a final polishing. [Two down, MANY to go. Backburned for the moment.]
4: Hit 150,000 words for the year. [COMPLETED. 156k and rising!]
5. Average 500/words a day. [Scrapped this goal, was causing more stress than progress.]
5. Read 7 more books before the end of December to hit my reading goal. [68/70 for the year. Getting there! PRIORITY.]

Holy smokes, I'm actually meeting my goals this year! I'm meeting all of my standards!

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
'Tis the end of a year.

I got halfway through another chapter. So overall it was a very good month for novel. Bad month for everything else. I did start the third story, but not much more than that. I do have an idea about how I might be able to make it better though. We'll see. Oh, I did write about 4k words of a new story as well. I knew I did something else!

Overall I'm not sure whether to be disappointed with my month or happy so I'll go with neutral.

1. Edit three chapters of UF. 5/3
2. Fix/Sub three stories. 2/3
3. Read four books. 2/4
4. Continue agent list. Done a little - not enough
5. Min 500 words or 2 pages edited a day. Yay!

Last edited:

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here we are at the end of December, so it's time to wrap up these monthly goals and look ahead to January (I'll be starting the January 2016 thread in a few seconds).

I had no idea how stressful the last two weeks of the month would be, what with the Christmas/wedding weekend, the long drive home and starting rehearsals for my latest show the very next day. I had a teensy meltdown last night which certainly helped relieve some of my tension but was a bit hard on my husband. Hoping to move into 2016 in a little calmer state, for his sanity as well as mine. As far as goals go, the big one still eludes me: finishing my current WIP. I got another book read (Cary Elwes' memoir about the making of "The Princess Bride," As You Wish), but no additional writing or editing at all.

4) Read two additional books DONE

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
  • Continue to work on getting writing in earlier in the day
  • Plan the revisions to my NaNo project
  • Finish whatever project I decide on for December (post-NaNo brain hasn't settled on one yet)
  • Get e-mail organized
  • Binge watch: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, all the Agents of SHIELD episodes I haven't watched yet
  • Buy/download a video game and actually play it
  • Decrease my number of constantly open tabs in Chrome (hoping to get ten or less)
  • Clean ALL THE THINGS, before company comes
  • Work on shifting wake-up & go-to-sleep times

Well, not great, but not terrible. I am almost done watching Daredevil, too (two and a half episodes left), so I almost made that one.

Totally failed on the waking/sleep times, though. Bah!

Status
Not open for further replies.