Donald Trump - Nuts? Troll? Hallucinating?

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ch ch ch ch changes....

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I must have been incredibly simple or drunk or insane
to sneak into my own house and steal money,
to climb over the fence and take my own vegetables.
But no more. I've gotten free of that ignorant fist
that was pinching and twisting my secret self.

The universe and the light of the stars come through me.
I am the crescent moon put up
over the gate to the festival.

-Rumi

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
This isn't so bad.

Excerpt from current hit pop song:

Truth is what you believe in
And faith is having a reason

*headdesk*

Meh, it's an anticatholicist view of truth, although there is a lack of Hegelian restraint that ensures that what those beliefs are are hashed out with other's beliefs/interpretation of the truth. But perhaps it is only a portion of the statement and it only refers to the wisdom of the individual to the individual and none of or to the community.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I believe anymore. A bad spot to be in, 'cause leaves you open for all kinds of incoming. Forget about taking definitive steps, though maybe the point is to keep your knees pumpin' regardless. Ha, this is probably when a lot of people find religion. Hasn't happened for me and I doubt it ever will. I think it separates us and makes us easy prey for those who'd use it to their ends. As far as God, I'm more than okay with not knowing and can't understand why others are so compelled to come down one way or the other. I'd say it's fine to believe in a God as long as you live as though it's entirely up to you. I'm torn between believing that the only times Trump has said things he really means it's been by coincidence, and believing that if he does happen to get in there, it will be as bad as it seems to indicate. I hold out hope that this country is not as sick and hateful as his popularity might suggest and that he will get trounced in the general, but it's a thin thread.

I do believe in the innate goodness of people. All start out that way. But life done done them in. The weakest fall first and hardest. I agree with rugcat that music is magical, as I think is all art. I think it reminds us what we're supposed to be. I believe in a lot of corny, unrealistic things like what you give, you get. That love resonates as profoundly as hate. That there is more than enough to go around and that greed is the first cousin of fear, and that maybe, a thousand years after I'm gone, no one will starve or be homeless, anywhere in the world. I believe that there is more to be learned through the heart than the mind, and I'm certain that is why I am such a clueless, sentimental fool, but it is such a comfort, I know I'll never let it go.

Last edited:

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Meh, it's an anticatholicist view of truth, although there is a lack of Hegelian restraint that ensures that what those beliefs are are hashed out with other's beliefs/interpretation of the truth. But perhaps it is only a portion of the statement and it only refers to the wisdom of the individual to the individual and none of or to the community.
Perhaps you're right. I've never had a problem with anyone stating that something is true for themselves personally. But it does need that qualifier, which is rarely (if ever) added in my personal experience.

In the song it seemed kind of random which I think is why it stood out to me, although I have always paid a lot of attention to lyrics. (The song is "Stand By You" by Rachel Platton.)

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps you're right. I've never had a problem with anyone stating that something is true for themselves personally. But it does need that qualifier, which is rarely (if ever) added in my personal experience.

In the song it seemed kind of random which I think is why it stood out to me, although I have always paid a lot of attention to lyrics. (The song is "Stand By You" by Rachel Platton.)

Had a chance to listen to the song. It's not on the charts here as far as I can tell. Very Nashvillian.

Anyways, the message of the song is: hey, I'm pleading to you to confide to me. And now the message of those two lines make sense.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.720147

Y'all would rip me a new one if I were to post in SYW with work written in the way this man speaks.

I haven’t read the article, but I hear it was a very inaccurate article and I heard it was a nasty article… They shouldn’t be doing that with wives. I mean they shouldn’t be doing that
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.720147
Just, no. It's "In all honesty, I haven't read the article in question, but I was told it was rather nasty, not to say inaccurate. This is no way to treat women." Get it right.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
I've been joking with friends that the idea of President Trump makes being terminally ill not so bad anymore. Just found out I have some kind of brain mass*and when I got over the first (ooooohhhhhcrap) moment, I asked, "Does this mean I hallucinated Trump being the GOP nominee?" I think that means it's time to step away from election coverage.

* I'm already terminal two or three times over, I'm always having scares, and I've been on borrowed time for awhile. I really am fine whatever it is.