Indian?

Cilvercat

Registered
Reaction score
I think this is a pretty large community here...wondering if there are any Indian aspiring authors at this Water Cooler?

Cilvercat

Registered
Reaction score
Yup. Indian from India.

I suppose I should have clarified. Columbus made that error too. ;)

Nice to meet you to.

Wanted to connect with aspiring Indian authors to understand how they went ahead trying to publish their stuff. I mean I don't have a clue about the publishers/agents in India. And all there seems to be a market for in India is cheap, sappy college-memoirs stuff and mythology knockoffs

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Well, hopefully someone will be able to help. Have you thought about foreign agents/publishers at all?

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
I'm Indian from India living in India. Welcome to this forum.

Cilvercat

Registered
Reaction score
Jaus

Thanks. Do you have any clues about how the Indian publishing business works?

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
Whatever I know is from Google. I google searched Publishing houses in India. Then clicked on the website links that came and read the submission guidelines.

Cilvercat

Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I suppose that's the way to find anything out. I mean more than just the publishing house, but the dynamics of actually getting something threw.

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry but my novels haven't been published yet for me to be able to share any experience. I only got a short story published. I queried a few agents and publishers(both Indian and American) but few replied back saying: 'good luck with other publication houses.'

in a way i'm glad my earlier novels and short stories weren't published. now when i read them i see the flaws.

maybe the publishing subforum can have better answers.

KingPen

Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever tried a publishing company that works over the internet?

Cilvercat

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying ti submit short fiction to Western markets. It's just in the Indian market, I haven't heard much apart from a couple of break-out stories.

shreyans

Registered
Reaction score
If I am planning to publish a philosophical self-help book, would Indian publishers be interested in the same? Or should I approach international publishers for the book directly?