Character Development Game: Answer a question, ask a question in character

kingofeli

Registered
Reaction score
So basically, the basis behind this little game is character development. The person above you will post a question for you to answer in the point of view of your main character, like so;
Question: Do you like eggs?
Answer: (Jethro, from the "Jethro & Channary Mysteries" series, male cat) I am a cat, and as such, I prefer meat. However, I will accept eggs as long as they are scrambled.

Then you ask a question to the person who comes after you, and so on and so forth. I'll ask the first question, since I'm the first poster:

Question: Where do you live?

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
In a house alone with the poster of a very beautiful woman. There are also some cockroaches on the floor but the cat controls their population. It's a good place and there's a stall below that sells sandwiches. There's cheese, butter, onions, tomatoes.

What do you think about higher studies?

p.s this exercise is very helpful. thanks.

Last edited:

Nerdilydone

Banned
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I can't get into all that! That eats way too much into my comic book reading time! ...I swear I'm not dumb. I just...just have trouble with Jeopardy sometimes.

What's your ideal job?

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
One that takes us to picnics, has nice colleagues, and no hectic work schedule.

Do you bathe in cold water to save electricity bills?

kingofeli

Registered
Reaction score
I bathe myself with my tongue, as a cat should. Humans are strange for using water; isn't their tongue enough?

Do you believe in the death penalty?

Nerdilydone

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah! Like if someone's soooo evil, and they just have to be stopped. I mean, why not? Some people can't be redeemed, right? ...I have to think about this some more.

Wanna read comics with me?

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
no. i just want to be alone for sometime.

do you think things will eventually get better?

Last edited:

scott123

Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful, at least we wont have school.

What would the world be like without music.

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
brilliant. as i'm an intellectual man i read books because that's what intelligent people do. it's a hallmark of cerebral capacity. our minds are the weapons given to us by evolution to survive in this world. so instead of listening to music i think humans would be able to reach a state of absolute happiness if they used their brains n thought about life.

what do you think about forgiveness?

Nerdilydone

Banned
Reaction score
....I...don't think about it. I mean, if someone's nice to me, I'll be nice to them. Even if they mess up, if they start being nice, they can be my friend. I guess it all boils down to whether they're willing to change.

Want to listen to techno?

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
sure but let me just check if i switched off the bathroom light. oh yeah it's off. but what if i switched it on on my way back. let me check again. oh yeah it's off...i think the light is on, i'll be right back...yeah it was off. no wait, just give me five seconds.

what would you do if you woke up with the memory that you had forgotten to turn off the bathroom light?

Silva

saucy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Feel very disoriented and slightly panicky/annoyed because there is no bathroom light here and the places where there were should be forgotten.

What would you do if a small mustachioed librarian wanted to get coffee?

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Fuck, have all the coffee you want. I give a shit now? I might be able to get you some beans, if you can spare a few cans of food.

Which side of history are you on?

Silva

saucy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Which side of history? Zeus and Hades, you are a special little beacon of all that is redundant, aren't you?

Do you believe there is a common objective at the core of mankind?

Nerdilydone

Banned
Reaction score
*stares vacantly*

....Uh, what? Are you trying to say that everyone is the same? That's not really possible. "Objectives" are important stuff, and everybody thinks different things are important. Like, everybody has a place, you know?

What TV shows do you like?

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
i dont watch tv as the book said to not watch tv as it affects motivation in a bad way. like watching tv makes you stupid. i however watch dragon ball z on youtube.

what is the point of life?

Irish Whiskey

Registered
Reaction score
Feck, have I! Once, ol' Scully ate some o' me da's bean soup. The hot one, green as feck-all and right devilish spicy. Were near squirting his guts out from both ends, he was! Bloody mess everywhere. One hell of a disaster!

What's a proper kiss feel like? 'Cause I tried it once and nearly lost me face!

Last edited:

13Clovers

it never ends
Registered
Reaction score
When I kissed Sondra it felt like I drank way too much coffee again. Wait, nearly lost your face? I-I'm so sorry that sounds horrible. Please be careful with your face--was it a monster?

Uhm, what do you think about people who hunt supernatural beings to kill them?

morngnstar

Registered
Reaction score
Uhm, what do you think about people who hunt supernatural beings to kill them?

I don't believe in such beings, but if they exist ... I don't really like killing, but I guess I wouldn't judge them. I think I'd be afraid of the hunters as much as the monsters, though.

If the encyclopedia asked you to contribute an article, which one would you write?

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
I'd write an article that hypnotizes the reader into destroying all the books and schools.

Can I copy your homework?

13Clovers

it never ends
Registered
Reaction score
"I kinda forgot to do mine last night," He gives the homework to the teacher when the other student is distracted.

What's your perfect Sunday?

Last edited:

potatoPizza

Registered
Reaction score
Spending the day at the beach, watching the sea crushing with the shore and feeling i feel the sea breeze in my face, without having to worry about patroling the beach. And at night, some stargazing. Nothing beats the sight of a night in the beach. A little picnic would be nice, and maybe some play-fights with my teammates.

What's the worst experience you had with someone who doesnt like you?

iszevthere

Registered
Reaction score
(This not intended to be cheating on the exercise, as it were. I legitimately can't figure out who the protagonist is in my work right now, and I think this may help. Trigger warning for super-dark backgrounds)

JJ: I'm a death-cult suvivor. They hated me because I question everything, love science, am Jewish and a lesbian. I fled the country, changed my contact information, and they still tracked me down and tried to force me to come back. It's been a year and I don't think I'll ever get better or look forward to anything ever again.

Mika: I was a professional ballet dancer for twenty years. I was ousted recently because I got too old, as per their rules. It was a competitive environment. Others hated me because all I needed to do to lose weight was to stop giving myself my shots for three days, on top of already being thin. Nobody's telling me what to eat anymore. This is a long way from a teacher who called me fat because I got my period as a teenager.

What medical procedure do you hate the most and why, especially if you have to get it?